The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic - bouncing side chained tracks?
Old 2nd February 2013
Logic - bouncing side chained tracks?

Curious, is there any way to bounce tracks in Logic with sidechaining without using normal bouncing and solo'ing each track?
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

record the sidechained track to an other new track...->export!

cheers
Old 4th February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippy View Post
record the sidechained track to an other new track...->export!

cheers
Good alternative, but I believe I read somewhere you can make things work but setting outputs to no output... something like that. I wish I could find the post... even though at the time, I couldn't figure out why the "solution" would have fixed the original issue..
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

You can just solo it and bounce the audio to bring it back into the project!
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear
Or highlite the track and go up to menu in arrange window and select Track drop down and select bounce in place.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Maniac
I tend to have the sidechain feed on its own audio track with Solo Protect activated - click + hold one of the modifier keys (can't think of which offhand) on the solo button in the mixer. And yes, set the output to No Output. Now the sidechain feed will always be sent to any plugins that use it, even if you solo a channel.

Now if you want to bounce, it will bounce with the sidechain feed. If you want to bounce without the sidechain feed, select the regions you want to bounce and press S to solo them.
Old 6th February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
I tend to have the sidechain feed on its own audio track with Solo Protect activated - click + hold one of the modifier keys (can't think of which offhand) on the solo button in the mixer. And yes, set the output to No Output. Now the sidechain feed will always be sent to any plugins that use it, even if you solo a channel.

Now if you want to bounce, it will bounce with the sidechain feed. If you want to bounce without the sidechain feed, select the regions you want to bounce and press S to solo them.

Holy hell!!!! This is the most amazing trick I've heard in ages! You can actually solo a track and hear its sidechaining without having to solo the sidechaining track too! And you can bounce! (Actually, why ISN'T this the default behavior??)

Thank you!
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Maniac
Glad to help

As for why it's not the default behaviour, I think it's because the routing's supplied by another track, which should be independent from the solo. Also there would be situations where you'd want to hear it with the sidechain disabled, so the Solo Protect is probably the best solution. It can also be used on reverb sends to prevent them from muting when you solo a part, but then you hear the reverb tails from every part that's sent to it. I have a feeling something could be done to solve this by setting up a group, but I haven't looked into it yet.
Old 26th November 2017
Here for the gear

Hi, could anybody help me with this:

I‘ve a kick track with send to bus 10 and a bass track with sidechain compression to bus 10.
So i solo‘d these two tracks and put the kick track to ‚no output‘.
Then i bounced the stereo output channel.
My problem: i still have the kick in the audio

Thanks in advance!
Holl
Old 20th June 2019
Here for the gear

This thread helped me fix the issue, however it was very hard for me to understand what kickflip was recommending to do - so I'm just going to explain what I did in hope that it can help someone else

-Put compressor on bass track & in the sidechain option in the compressor choose coming directly from the kick
-Solo the bass track
-Solo Protect the kick track (control + click on solo for Mac)
-bus out from the bass track to another track that you can record on
-set kick track to "No output"

Blessings <3
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search