The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
changing logics default eq?
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

changing logics default eq?

in logics channel strip where at the top under settings it says eq and the logic ep pops up. i was wondering is there a way to change the eq to a different one, then the one that pops up?
Old 20th November 2009
No.

But you can change the default settings in the Logic EQ so it opens with other default settings.

Use this method:
Logic Pro Channel EQ - permanently increase the visual precision
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

thanks, im really in love with the fab filter q eq now and its my go to eq which the logic eq was used for.
Old 20th November 2009
The closest you can get is to make a template with inserted but bypassed Fab Filters on each channel.

You can move a plug-in by holding down the Command key and moving it.

You can Option+double click the Logic EQ graph to force a Logic Channel EQ to open first in the insert chain. Then you can replace it with another plug-in afterwards. This function automatically shifts all plug-ins down one spot in the chain. This is useful in case you inserted Fab Filters on each channel but sometimes want another plug-in first (such as a de-esser) and want to avoid moving one or several plug-ins manually.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

i just bumped up and asked a question on the other thread, if you could check it out please hehe
Old 25th March 2017
can this now be done in 2017? Im also a big fan of fabfilter eq and wanted to use it as part of my workflow.
Old 26th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
can this now be done in 2017? Im also a big fan of fabfilter eq and wanted to use it as part of my workflow.
I don't believe so. As Logic's effects and instruments are part of Logic, it would be pretty impossible to have a third party's effect working in a same way.
Old 26th March 2017
Lives for gear

Logic's EQ is fantastic as a transparent utility EQ IMHO. I just wish it had the ability to 'focus' in on and solo frequencies, like PSP Neon and FabFilter's Pro-Q. Then I'd only use 3rd party EQs for colour and analog emus
Old 27th March 2017
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear