The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic Pro Multicore Benchmarktest !
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaliermusic View Post
I have the 12 core @2.7Ghz. I can run over 200 Virtual instruments at once and even 1000 audio tracks. (The only reason I couldn't run more audio instruments is because I ran out of Ram. 64GB.

Is that for this benchmark test with your 12 core? The results indicate you should get more... https://logicbenchmarks.com/benchmark-results/
No - I get far more in the benchmark. I have not run the benchmark in 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. In 10.42 (last time I ran it) I reached 255 and stopped because Logic only accessed the first 255 channels (even if you had more open) I'll let you know my results (when) I run it again.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No - I get far more in the benchmark. I have not run the benchmark in 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. In 10.42 (last time I ran it) I reached 255 and stopped because Logic only accessed the first 255 channels (even if you had more open) I'll let you know my results (when) I run it again.
Okay cool thanks, be cool to know how many tracks you get on the newer higher track count logic - or at 88.2 khz if you haven't already?
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Is that for this benchmark test with your 12 core? The results indicate you should get more... https://logicbenchmarks.com/benchmark-results/
No that was not a benchmark result. That was the result of me filling 64GB of RAM with Kontakt instruments. I could have loaded more by switching out instruments.

I have not run the test since updating to 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. I achieved 255 instrument channels in earlier versions. (obviously - anything beyond 255 produced false results in earlier versions as LPX could not use more than 255 channels of instruments)
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No that was not a benchmark result. That was the result of me filling 64GB of RAM with Kontakt instruments. I could have loaded more by switching out instruments.

I have not run the test since updating to 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. I achieved 255 instrument channels in earlier versions. (obviously - anything beyond 255 produced false results in earlier versions as LPX could not use more than 255 channels of instruments)
88.2 khz track count? These 12 core 2013 Mac Pros have some serious grunt, and can be had for reasonable prices these days
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Anyone seen some Logic benchmarks for the new 2019 13” 1.4 and 2.4 quad cores?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
Anyone seen some Logic benchmarks for the new 2019 13” 1.4 and 2.4 quad cores?
No one?

I’ve seen some promising benchmarks on the 13” Quad 1.4Ghz. In sustained loads it is running at 2.7Ghz well above spec.

Could make it a nice little portable option.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search