The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic Pro Multicore Benchmarktest !
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaliermusic View Post
I have the 12 core @2.7Ghz. I can run over 200 Virtual instruments at once and even 1000 audio tracks. (The only reason I couldn't run more audio instruments is because I ran out of Ram. 64GB.

Is that for this benchmark test with your 12 core? The results indicate you should get more... https://logicbenchmarks.com/benchmark-results/
No - I get far more in the benchmark. I have not run the benchmark in 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. In 10.42 (last time I ran it) I reached 255 and stopped because Logic only accessed the first 255 channels (even if you had more open) I'll let you know my results (when) I run it again.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No - I get far more in the benchmark. I have not run the benchmark in 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. In 10.42 (last time I ran it) I reached 255 and stopped because Logic only accessed the first 255 channels (even if you had more open) I'll let you know my results (when) I run it again.
Okay cool thanks, be cool to know how many tracks you get on the newer higher track count logic - or at 88.2 khz if you haven't already?
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Is that for this benchmark test with your 12 core? The results indicate you should get more... https://logicbenchmarks.com/benchmark-results/
No that was not a benchmark result. That was the result of me filling 64GB of RAM with Kontakt instruments. I could have loaded more by switching out instruments.

I have not run the test since updating to 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. I achieved 255 instrument channels in earlier versions. (obviously - anything beyond 255 produced false results in earlier versions as LPX could not use more than 255 channels of instruments)
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No that was not a benchmark result. That was the result of me filling 64GB of RAM with Kontakt instruments. I could have loaded more by switching out instruments.

I have not run the test since updating to 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. I achieved 255 instrument channels in earlier versions. (obviously - anything beyond 255 produced false results in earlier versions as LPX could not use more than 255 channels of instruments)
88.2 khz track count? These 12 core 2013 Mac Pros have some serious grunt, and can be had for reasonable prices these days
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone seen some Logic benchmarks for the new 2019 13” 1.4 and 2.4 quad cores?
Old 17th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
Anyone seen some Logic benchmarks for the new 2019 13” 1.4 and 2.4 quad cores?
No one?

I’ve seen some promising benchmarks on the 13” Quad 1.4Ghz. In sustained loads it is running at 2.7Ghz well above spec.

Could make it a nice little portable option.
Old 4th September 2019
Here for the gear

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone would be interested in acquiring the Logic Benchmarks site. I think I am willing to give it away. I will have some big projects starting in late January 2020 and will most likely have no time to maintain it anymore, so I am already preparing to pass it on to someone else who will take care of it. In the end I would like to avoid what happened with the graph that Evan made (see first page of this topic), which was basically that it wasn‘t updated anymore.

Domain and hosting are around 33 Euros per year, so it‘s really nothing. There isn‘t much work to do either, most stuff works automatically: Users register, they select a Mac and enter their score. The only things that have to be done manually are:

•) Adding new Mac Models when they come out
•) Adding new version of Mac OS X when they are released
•) Adding new versions of Logic Pro X when they are released

This could eventually be replaced by some sort of automatic script that gets this information from elsewhere and automatically creates these new Mac models etc., so that they are selectable from the drop-down menus. For me this is too much work because I don‘t follow the Mac „scene“ anymore, that means I am not really up to date on which Mac or OS version came out recently and have to look it up each time. I’ll try to make sure things are up to date until January, if something is missing don’t hesitate to address it somewhere and I’ll add it.

Apart from that there‘s isn‘t much else to do. There‘s no spam to take care of - recently I saw the first spam post in the forums, but I actually even left it because it was about how to write Wikipedia articles, which I believe is a good thing.

If you‘re interested, send me a PM or use the contact form on the site. I will make sure the person who wants to run the project is suited and is following all the happenings around Apple/Logic Pro and that the person will not run it down but keep it clean and tidy as I believe it is in this moment.

Stay well people!
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Very cool that my simple test got a life of its own
Anyway my Firmware upgraded 2009 to 2010 MacPro 12 core 3.46GHz with 48GB RAM scored 255 tracks today on Logic Pro 10.4.6 and Mojave. It is pretty good for a 10 year old computer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

NEW 2019 MODELS

Macbook pro 13" 1.4 ghz
128gb
8gb

AMAZING 110 tracks for this little guy

Macbook pro 13" 2.4ghz
256gb
8gb ram
126 tracks

Macbook pro i7
256gb
16gb
160 tracks

I am curious about the new 2019 model

i7 6-core
and i9 models

ANYONE??
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Haven’t done this Logic Pro test but something similar with one miditrack + 3 plugins on every track.

The mid 2015 MacBook Pro (maxed out) vs the 2019 (maxed out).

2015 :113 tracks, 2019: 267 tracks

That is pretty insane.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search