The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X constantly crashes
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X constantly crashes

I have so many projects that I cant even open because it crashes before it opens. I use the same third party plugins that professional music producers use (Pro-Q 3, Omnisphere, Electra-X, Sausage Fattener, ect.). It seems like every week one of my projects becomes ruined because every time I try to open it, it crashes. Every time I reach out to Logic they just blame the third party plugin and tell me to reach out to them but it happens all the time for dozens of different plugins. I did not have this problem in FL Studio.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic Pro X constantly crashes-screen-shot-2020-08-05-3.28.38-pm.jpg  
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbykeyz View Post
I have so many projects that I cant even open because it crashes before it opens. I use the same third party plugins that professional music producers use (Pro-Q 3, Omnisphere, Electra-X, Sausage Fattener, ect.). It seems like every week one of my projects becomes ruined because every time I try to open it, it crashes. Every time I reach out to Logic they just blame the third party plugin and tell me to reach out to them but it happens all the time for dozens of different plugins. I did not have this problem in FL Studio.
what the specs of your computer?
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

The only reason I asked, is it looks like you're running some pretty intensive applications. How much ram?
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

I used to get this all the time when running moderately large sessions with lots of heavy cpu plugs. It got to the point where I had to save the session before closing any plugin just in case it crashed.

I was able to solve the problem with a Preference setting in Logic. In the Audio tab, under Devices, I changed Multithreading from Playback & Live Tracks to just Playback, since 100% of what I’m doing is mixing, not recording right now. This seemed to partition off some of the threads for Live Tracks and choked my CPU usage for Playback. Or at least that’s my theory. Since I’ve changed this I haven’t any any crashes at all.
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Ok ill try that thanks!
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hej, it happens for me as well. My solution to open projects, that fail to open, is to open a project, that is working, and then open the other project from inside Logic. It closes the first project and opens the before crashing one with no problems. So, it seems there is a hickup with the first launch sometimes.
Greetings
JC
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Maniac

retrocolor seems the issue, try to remove it from components folder and retry
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Sounds like you are hitting a ram ceiling, 16gb is not that much with the plugins you are running! 32gb will give you more headroom, otherwise your computer is quite capable in terms of spec! The other issue is incompatible plug-ins! Try trashing your preferences also in case they have become corrupt!
Old 6th August 2020
wm9
Gear Head

I’m experiencing this lately, for me it can be solved in two ways:

- opening a different project, then the one which is crashing from inside logic

- going to the project file>right click> explore contents (or something like that) and then opening the project.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

I had a similar problem and it was the plugins.
The Arouser, an Exponential reverb, and one or two others needed an update.
Made everything come right.
Old 13th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by manowar84 View Post
retrocolor seems the issue, try to remove it from components folder and retry
Indeed, retrocolor seems to be the problem!
I had kind of the same issue with Altiverb on some Sessions lately! What works for me basically everytime, is to open a blank Session first, opening just one instance of the plugin that creates the issue (Altiverb in this case, but I had this with others too). Then I open the session that used to crash! Works everytime!
Old 3 weeks ago
Yep, this is how I do it as well. A few annoying extra clicks, but it works everytime! Better than logic quitting, having to restart it again and hoping the session will work this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFish View Post
Indeed, retrocolor seems to be the problem!
I had kind of the same issue with Altiverb on some Sessions lately! What works for me basically everytime, is to open a blank Session first, opening just one instance of the plugin that creates the issue (Altiverb in this case, but I had this with others too). Then I open the session that used to crash! Works everytime!
📝 Reply