The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X 10.5 is OUT!
Old 1 week ago
  #1
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Gear Head
 

Seems to be a HUGE update... lots of improvements as well, and (for now) very snappier. As always, keep the previous version for your own safety
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
macgee's Avatar
Honestly, the bugs just over shadow an otherwise positive update

Can't believe it, they still haven't fixed the stupid bug where "Catch" intermittently activates in the Piano roll when clicking notes or background
Makes the Piano roll absolutely PAINFUL to use for drum editing where you're not using editing with CYCLE on

Can see in this 47sec vid
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfP...ew?usp=sharing
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
kwaping's Avatar
Looks amazing! A direct shot at the MPC market for sure.
Old 1 week ago
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
tedannemann's Avatar
 

God ****ing damn it!!! Still no plug-in delay compensation for automation. This can't be real!!!



Please write to Apple and make a report: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html
Information about this hilarious problem: Serious old bug (Broken PDC) completely ignored by the Apple Logic X programmers!
Old 1 week ago
  #6
Gear Head
Holy crap. they finally updated EXS24
Old 1 week ago
  #7
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedannemann View Post
God ****ing damn it!!! Still no plug-in delay compensation for automation. This can't be real!!!



Please write to Apple and make a report: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html
Information about this hilarious problem: Serious old bug (Broken PDC) completely ignored by the Apple Logic X programmers!
Honestly I don't know why they even bothered with the update after reading this.

Everyone uses automation & third party plugins these days.

Logic is practically unusable for Professional use.

I suggest everyone working in the Logic department STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND ALL WORK TOGETHER TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE^
Old 1 week ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 
rectifier's Avatar
 

Quick overview vid here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSl...ature=youtu.be
Old 1 week ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Hyped for this update. Any compatibility issues?
Old 1 week ago
  #10
Gear Addict
 

Seems pretty stable for now. I opened recent projects without any issues.
Old 1 week ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
BezowinZ's Avatar
This looks great for folks wanting FL Studio & Ableton style workflows. Maybe I can implement some of this, though none of it fits my workflow. Or maybe there are some new MIDI loops included. I do use those sometimes. Unfortunately for me, I'm looking for a different type of workflow enhancements. Cool to see Apple continuing to update though, especially when they're free.

I wish LPX was more friendly to external sequencers. Not having to record enable tracks to receive MIDI from the outside world would be a great start. An option to not auto record enable selected tracks would also help. This is the main reason I switched to Studio One, but I miss some LPX features & instruments.

Resizable mixer tracks (height). Visual options (skins). Ability to save multi-output routing for VIs. Rename plugin inserts. Better organization of channel strip settings. I imagine these are some easy additions if more folks wanted them. I'll continue to submit suggestions.
Old 1 week ago
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
tedannemann's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3XS View Post
Honestly I don't know why they even bothered with the update after reading this.

Everyone uses automation & third party plugins these days.

Logic is practically unusable for Professional use.

I suggest everyone working in the Logic department STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND ALL WORK TOGETHER TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE^
I really hate to be that whining guy but all Logic users please really do take the time and make a report to Apple about the missing PDC for side-chains and automation.

I know this form is a bit cumbersome and it's easy to think that some other guy is already reporting this issue. No, please go over and tell Apple that literally any UAD user for example can't use Logic Pro X 10.5 to it's full extent: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Want to know why your mix doesn't soundtight when using automation and side-chains? See Serious old bug (Broken PDC) completely ignored by the Apple Logic X programmers!
Old 1 week ago
  #13
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3XS View Post
Logic is practically unusable for Professional use.
C'mon man.
How can you make a statement like that when there is so much evidence to the contrary?
I get it, the automation thing can be a huge hassle and they really should fix it.
But the statement above is just flat earther style out of touch with reality.
Old 1 week ago
  #14
Gear Addict
 

It's been running stable here so far as well. Opened some big projects (after backing up the .logicx files, or course) and it seems snappier than 10.4.8 and as stable as 10.4.8 was. I'm on Mojave, btw. Haven't had the time to study what's new yet. However, I quite like the idea of EXS being replaced. It was a a slow process to create and map sampled instruments before. Now you drag and drop to a free inspector area and there you go. It's neat.

I don't think this is only focused towards electronic producers. Samples are everywhere in music... And I can see the point of using cells for pretty much any genre. It will at least force you to think differently and who knows what may come out of it? I know it won't suit everyone, but I'm tempted to try it on an odd track just for experimentation. And I know Live has had it for ages, I just simply couldn't get my head around it. The UI is just SO unfriendly to me...

Cheers, guys.
Old 1 week ago
  #15
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedannemann View Post
I really hate to be that whining guy but all Logic users please really do take the time and make a report to Apple about the missing PDC for side-chains and automation.

I know this form is a bit cumbersome and it's easy to think that some other guy is already reporting this issue. No, please go over and tell Apple that literally any UAD user for example can't use Logic Pro X 10.5 to it's full extent: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Want to know why your mix doesn't soundtight when using automation and side-chains? See Serious old bug (Broken PDC) completely ignored by the Apple Logic X programmers!
Done!
Thanks man. You've made this easy for me. This really is a big issue that needs to be addressed. Hopefully this approach works. Good luck!
Old 1 week ago
  #16
Lives for gear
 
boombapdame's Avatar
 

Will Logic 10.5 fix Loud noise blast
Old 1 week ago
  #17
Gear Nut
 

Is this the first time that Autosampler has been included in Logic? Major time saver over having to dive out to MainStage to use it.

The clips functionality seems pretty straightforward and everything seems stable up to now.

This one is a biggie - Trigger cells and other functions in Live Loops with support for Novation Launchpad (Launchpad, Launchpad MK2, Launchpad Mini, Launchpad Mini MK3, Launchpad Pro, Launchpad S, Launchpad X)
Old 1 week ago
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
derdiedasscheusa's Avatar
 

I can not find the velocity-range option in Sampler, even when I open the "details". Did they just remove it? I used this all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic Pro X 10.5 is OUT!-bildschirmfoto-2020-05-12-um-17.33.35.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #19
Gear Nut
 

Rather a large list https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
Old 1 week ago
  #20
Gear Addict
 

From the release notes:

Quote:
There are new commands to Slip and Rotate content in regions.
It doesn't say whether that's audio, midi, or both, but it's intriguing.
Old 1 week ago
  #21
Lives for gear
There are probably 10 different 3rd party plugins that I could sell after this update!
(I mean I probably won't but I could!)
Old 1 week ago
  #22
Lives for gear
 
LFO8's Avatar
 

I love this update! Finally EXS got reincarnated in superior form. I'm glad they left Ultrabeat for what it is (now not part of Drum Machine Designer anymore) and gave it HD graphics finally!
Old 1 week ago
  #23
I had emailed them about it so I can complain: I wish they had an easier way to do clip gain, and that you could move the tracks on the mixer when Logic goes and moves a bus because you automate it, for example. I want to move that bus back where it was!
Old 1 week ago
  #24
Gear Addict
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
C'mon man.
How can you make a statement like that when there is so much evidence to the contrary?
I get it, the automation thing can be a huge hassle and they really should fix it.
But the statement above is just flat earther style out of touch with reality.
Yes, I guess John Powell, Sean Callery, Billie Eilish's producer, and countless others aren't "professionals."
Old 1 week ago
  #25
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedannemann View Post
I really hate to be that whining guy but all Logic users please really do take the time and make a report to Apple about the missing PDC for side-chains and automation.

I know this form is a bit cumbersome and it's easy to think that some other guy is already reporting this issue. No, please go over and tell Apple that literally any UAD user for example can't use Logic Pro X 10.5 to it's full extent: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Want to know why your mix doesn't soundtight when using automation and side-chains? See Serious old bug (Broken PDC) completely ignored by the Apple Logic X programmers!
Did it just now, really appreciate the commitment to the issue, I'm tired of the buggy PDC as well. They need to fix it.
Old 1 week ago
  #26
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgee View Post
Honestly, the bugs just over shadow an otherwise positive update

Can't believe it, they still haven't fixed the stupid bug where "Catch" intermittently activates in the Piano roll when clicking notes or background
Makes the Piano roll absolutely PAINFUL to use for drum editing where you're not using editing with CYCLE on

Can see in this 47sec vid
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfP...ew?usp=sharing
Weird doesn't happen here, do have the catch options on? ctrl click on the catch icon, I switch all those off as it's so annoying having the page move when you don't want it too.
Old 1 week ago
  #27
Lives for gear
With a few superficial GUI updates to make everything look "new," this could easily be Logic 11 and cost $200 or more.

This is really just awesome to have right now!
Old 1 week ago
  #28
Gear Nut
 
emgbiotch's Avatar
 

very happy about a new sampler finally!

can anyone confirm that EX24 instruments are loading all good in the new sampler?

have many sound design projects working on and haven't updated yet.
Old 1 week ago
  #29
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Yes, I guess John Powell, Sean Callery, Billie Eilish's producer, and countless others aren't "professionals."
John and Sean are not mixing their mock-ups and pre production in Logic afaik. John uses it as Sequencer mainly and bidule hosts all sample libraries in bidule going straight into pro tools hdx.

;-)
Old 1 week ago
  #30
Lives for gear
 
macgee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captin Al View Post
Weird doesn't happen here, do have the catch options on? ctrl click on the catch icon, I switch all those off as it's so annoying having the page move when you don't want it too.
thanks for checking - it's very intermittent but guarantee you will happen under certain conditions - unfortunately don't know what the pattern is.

yep, been using logic for, damn, 18 years? wow...the catch settings are all off, i'd hack the app to remove catch completely from the app if I could

I've tried everything, new install, different computers, new prefs..etc..
many are getting this issue but it's intermittent
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump