The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X 10.5 is OUT!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #601
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
I neither stated or implied that. I only differentiated between users and ex-users.

In other words, if you have moved on from Logic, move on from here
Yes. But you seem to be kinnnd of implying that the only people complaining are ex users. And even ‘Ex users’ probably still use logic occasionally since it’s free updates for life.
Many of us use multiple daws.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #602
Lives for gear
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
Yes. But you seem to be kinnnd of implying that the only people complaining are ex users. And even ‘Ex users’ probably still use logic occasionally since it’s free updates for life.
Many of us use multiple daws.
Again, I neither said or implied any such thing. As for ex-users, I don’t care what they have to say, personally. You are in the game or you are out, no toe dripping in the water
Old 4 weeks ago
  #603
Lives for gear
 
MusiKLover's Avatar
I believe I was perhaps born 30 years or so too late, said in jest of course. This is my cry out to those who insist on focusing on negatives, particularly when there are so many positives to be recognized:

Old 4 weeks ago
  #604
Here for the gear
 

Yo, I was like, why is an old post from May in my weekly roundup? And then I come here and see you losers fully engaged in a d**k waving contest. Jesus Christ. Get a life. I guess all those peeps (including me) that make tracks every day on Logic are just completely lost, eh? Try to get a little perspective. Y’all got too much free time on your hands. Nobody cares.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #605
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
Nobody cares.
Unfortunately.
Bur you seem to be happy with it - so, may I assume that users should rather not raise their valid concerns about some issues they're having with Logic, just because it's working for you? Now, that's some pretty strange logic (there, I said "logic"...).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #606
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
Yo, I was like, why is an old post from May in my weekly roundup? And then I come here and see you losers fully engaged in a d**k waving contest. Jesus Christ. Get a life. I guess all those peeps (including me) that make tracks every day on Logic are just completely lost, eh? Try to get a little perspective. Y’all got too much free time on your hands. Nobody cares.
You're all posting here to defend Apple/Logic - when others are expressing a genuine concern (...for years...).

You come here telling everyone to just "move on" (i.e. telling them what to do), "get a life", "I'm doing this with Logic" - then it has nothing to do with YOU. YOU are the ones whom should "move on"! No?

Others whom have a genuine concern with a serious bug that they have been asking Apple to fix for YEARS are not happy. The bug is still not fixed after months. Clearly they have a perfectly good reason to post about it, that is none of your business.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #607
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Again, I neither said or implied any such thing. As for ex-users, I don’t care what they have to say, personally. You are in the game or you are out, no toe dripping in the water
So you're posting here why? Just to defend Logic?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #608
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
Unfortunately.
Bur you seem to be happy with it - so, may I assume that users should rather not raise their valid concerns about some issues they're having with Logic, just because it's working for you? Now, that's some pretty strange logic (there, I said "logic"...).
the irony of all of this... "logic"
Old 4 weeks ago
  #609
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
Yo, I was like, why is an old post from May in my weekly roundup? And then I come here and see you losers fully engaged in a d**k waving contest. Jesus Christ. Get a life. I guess all those peeps (including me) that make tracks every day on Logic are just completely lost, eh? Try to get a little perspective. Y’all got too much free time on your hands. Nobody cares.
Step 1. explain > make an excuse for why you're posting: "old post from May in my weekly roundup? And then I come here and..."

Step 2. Proceed with your own "d**k waving" (against others that have a perfectly good reason to post)

Step 3. Get all the personal/selfish emotions off your chest

Do you feel better now?

Still doesn't change the FACT that automation/PDC is BROKEN, so will affect OTHERS (i.e. nothing to do with you). And until it is no longer BROKEN/NOT WORKING then people have a right to post about it...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #610
Lives for gear
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3XS View Post

Still doesn't change the FACT that automation/PDC is BROKEN, so will affect OTHERS (i.e. nothing to do with you). And until it is no longer BROKEN/NOT WORKING then people have a right to post about it...
Sure, they do. But if they no longer use Logic, they no longer have a dog in the hunt, maybe they should just go away? It's not like they are imparting new information. We all already know, and the 4,354th statement of it makes nobody more aware than the first 40 did.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #611
Lives for gear
 
nightchef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Sure, they do. But if they no longer use Logic, they no longer have a dog in the hunt, maybe they should just go away? It's not like they are imparting new information. We all already know, and the 4,354th statement of it makes nobody more aware than the first 40 did.
Saying "if they no longer use Logic, they no longer have a dog in the hunt" seems pretty reductionist. Right now I'm considering moving from DP to Logic as my primary DAW because of certain ongoing issues I'm fed up with. If I did that, I'd "no longer be using DP" (although I'd still be using it occasionally for tweaks to legacy projects). Yet if MOTU fixed those issues I might very well go right back to DP, because I know it well and love many things about it. I will never stop having a dog in the DP hunt -- or at least, if I do, that will be my decision, not something someone else can decide for me because they don't like hearing my complaints.

DAWs aren't political parties that you have to register with, nor teams that you root for. They're tools that you can use sometimes more, sometimes less, then stop using altogether and then start using again. Anybody that has any interest in and/or experience with a DAW has a "dog in the hunt".
Old 4 weeks ago
  #612
Lives for gear
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightchef View Post
Saying "if they no longer use Logic, they no longer have a dog in the hunt" seems pretty reductionist. Right now I'm considering moving from DP to Logic as my primary DAW because of certain ongoing issues I'm fed up with. If I did that, I'd "no longer be using DP" (although I'd still be using it occasionally for tweaks to legacy projects). Yet if MOTU fixed those issues I might very well go right back to DP, because I know it well and love many things about it. I will never stop having a dog in the DP hunt -- or at least, if I do, that will be my decision, not something someone else can decide for me because they don't like hearing my complaints.

DAWs aren't political parties that you have to register with, nor teams that you root for. They're tools that you can use sometimes more, sometimes less, then stop using altogether and then start using again. Anybody that has any interest in and/or experience with a DAW has a "dog in the hunt".
Fair enough, but it doesn't negate my point that nobody learns anything helpful fro the 4000th statement of it than the 40th.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #613
Here for the gear
 

My points are obvious:

1. Reading you people bitching and arguing about something that you can't do a damn thing about is a joke. It's like watching carpenters complaining about table saws. None of them are perfect and they all have their faults. Moot! Do you do good work or don't you? Nobody is forcing you to use Logic. Duh.

2. DO you actually think bitching about it on GearSlutz is going to accomplish anything? As if Apple is lurking in the wings, hanging on the edge of their seats to read what sage wisdom J3XS has to say about their program? What a bunch of self-important pissing. Get over yourself.

2. GearSlutz is a dumpster fire of amateurs waving their dicks around because they have nothing better to do and lead otherwise pathetic existences. There's a reason I never come on here and, and us professionals make fun of it as a s**t show of bottom feeders. Thank you for proving that point for me.

3. Carry on. Your pointless arguing is a huge waste of time and ego posturing. Necroposting on a 4 month old thread. Ridiculous. This never should have come up on my weekly digest. I'm going to go back to using (flawed!) Logic to make actual records while you jerk off on your computer keyboard.

Bye, losers!



Quote:
Originally Posted by J3XS View Post
Step 1. explain > make an excuse for why you're posting: "old post from May in my weekly roundup? And then I come here and..."

Step 2. Proceed with your own "d**k waving" (against others that have a perfectly good reason to post)

Step 3. Get all the personal/selfish emotions off your chest

Do you feel better now?

Still doesn't change the FACT that automation/PDC is BROKEN, so will affect OTHERS (i.e. nothing to do with you). And until it is no longer BROKEN/NOT WORKING then people have a right to post about it...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #614
Lives for gear
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
My points are obvious:

1. Reading you people bitching and arguing about something that you can't do a damn thing about is a joke. It's like watching carpenters complaining about table saws. None of them are perfect and they all have their faults. Moot! Do you do good work or don't you? Nobody is forcing you to use Logic. Duh.

2. DO you actually think bitching about it on GearSlutz is going to accomplish anything? As if Apple is lurking in the wings, hanging on the edge of their seats to read what sage wisdom J3XS has to say about their program? What a bunch of self-important pissing. Get over yourself.

2. GearSlutz is a dumpster fire of amateurs waving their dicks around because they have nothing better to do and lead otherwise pathetic existences. There's a reason I never come on here and, and us professionals make fun of it as a s**t show of bottom feeders. Thank you for proving that point for me.

3. Carry on. Your pointless arguing is a huge waste of time and ego posturing. Necroposting on a 4 month old thread. Ridiculous. This never should have come up on my weekly digest. I'm going to go back to using (flawed!) Logic to make actual records while you jerk off on your computer keyboard.

Bye, losers!

As much as I dislike what they are doing, your behavior is worse. You can disagree with them, as I have, without being vulgar, condescending, and insulting.

The internet is frequently an ugly place, don’t make it uglier.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #615
Here for the gear
 

I'm pointing out how ridiculous you all look and sound, for your own benefit. Horse, meet water. Just thought you should know how pathetic you all sound.

I have no interest in stooping to arguing about Logic with plebes. It's moot. You all should know better. This is just a pissing contest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
As much as I dislike what they are doing, your behavior is worse. You can disagree with them, as I have, without being vulgar, condescending, and insulting.

The internet is frequently an ugly place, don’t make it uglier.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #616
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Fair enough, but it doesn't negate my point that nobody learns anything helpful fro the 4000th statement of it than the 40th.
These things have to be brought up *over and over again*, whether you like it or don't. Until the very day Apple listens. And in case it's brought up 40k times - great! If you want change for the better, you need to raise your concerns. As easy as that.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #617
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
There's a reason I never come on here
So, why did you come on here now? To bitch about those bitchy Logic users? Yeah, right, that makes a whole lot of sense!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #618
Lives for gear
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
These things have to be brought up *over and over again*, whether you like it or don't. Until the very day Apple listens. And in case it's brought up 40k times - great! If you want change for the better, you need to raise your concerns. As easy as that.

But Apple doesn't see it HERE! You send them through the proper channels and they see it.

And you are wrong, you cannot nag people into doing what you want them to do. You vote with your wallet.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #619
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
But Apple doesn't see it HERE! You send them through the proper channels and they see it.

And you are wrong, you cannot nag people into doing what you want them to do. You vote with your wallet.
No, with Apple, the *only* way is to raise your voice publically. Otherwise they will ignore you.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #620
Lives for gear
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
No, with Apple, the *only* way is to raise your voice publically. Otherwise they will ignore you.
Point out to me even one example in all these years where there is any evidence it worked by complaining here on GS? You can't, because it hasn't.

Because I have an NDA there are certain things I cannot say other than they are aware of this issue.

If they don't fix it, it isn't because they don't care or aren't aware.

It's because either:
1. They don't think it affects enough users to use their time.
2. Fixing it potentially screws other stuff up.
3. They simply have other things they view as more important.

Your complaining on GS will not solve any of those. But I have experience enough with you to know my saying this will not change anything, so go ahead continue to do so, and annoy a lot of us here.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #621
Lives for gear
 
cashewcupcake's Avatar
 

Posting this here so I remember that you're a jerk and to caution people against working with you.

https://www.jhimusic.com/about/

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
My points are obvious:

1. Reading you people bitching and arguing about something that you can't do a damn thing about is a joke. It's like watching carpenters complaining about table saws. None of them are perfect and they all have their faults. Moot! Do you do good work or don't you? Nobody is forcing you to use Logic. Duh.

2. DO you actually think bitching about it on GearSlutz is going to accomplish anything? As if Apple is lurking in the wings, hanging on the edge of their seats to read what sage wisdom J3XS has to say about their program? What a bunch of self-important pissing. Get over yourself.

2. GearSlutz is a dumpster fire of amateurs waving their dicks around because they have nothing better to do and lead otherwise pathetic existences. There's a reason I never come on here and, and us professionals make fun of it as a s**t show of bottom feeders. Thank you for proving that point for me.

3. Carry on. Your pointless arguing is a huge waste of time and ego posturing. Necroposting on a 4 month old thread. Ridiculous. This never should have come up on my weekly digest. I'm going to go back to using (flawed!) Logic to make actual records while you jerk off on your computer keyboard.

Bye, losers!

Old 3 weeks ago
  #622
Lives for gear
 
nightchef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
I'm pointing out how ridiculous you all look and sound, for your own benefit. Horse, meet water. Just thought you should know how pathetic you all sound.

I have no interest in stooping to arguing about Logic with plebes. It's moot. You all should know better. This is just a pissing contest.
My god, as if 2020 wasn't bad enough already, I've somehow been transported back to high school!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #623
Here for the gear
 

God how do I turn off notifications from these lumpens? I could not care less what any of you think about anything. What a dumpster fire GearSlutz is. There’s a reason we mock it in the pro world. Y’all are useless.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #624
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Point out to me even one example in all these years where there is any evidence it worked by complaining here on GS? You can't, because it hasn't.
Point out to me even one example where there is any evidence any other method worked. You can't. And I don't care whether it's because of your NDA. But then, don't tell me what I can't do (or shouldn't do). You are the one having no horse in this race as you can't speak freely.

Quote:
Because I have an NDA there are certain things I cannot say other than they are aware of this issue.
If they are aware of certain issues, they either don't care or are bad programmers. As easy as that. See the zoom dilemma.


Quote:
It's because either:
1. They don't think it affects enough users to use their time.
2. Fixing it potentially screws other stuff up.
3. They simply have other things they view as more important.
4. They are not capable of fixing things
5. Quantity over quality matters.
6. They are sort of ignorant for the sake of it (and yes, that's true for many programmers).
Old 3 weeks ago
  #625
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hi View Post
God how do I turn off notifications from these lumpens?
I thought you were an oh-so-clever pro - and you don't manage such a trivial thing?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #626
Lives for gear
 
syntonica's Avatar
Y'all need to go outside and enjoy yourselves.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #627
Gear Head
 

Fix plugin delay compensation for automation

For anyone interested in fixing the issue with Plugin Delay Compensation for automation/side-chains, please contact Apple immediately:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Here is the message I just sent them, feel free to adjust:


"When using track automation and side chain automation (along with plugins on tracks) I find that the automation is out of sync with the audio track. This is due to Plugin Delay Compensation being applied to the audio track, but NOT to the automation itself. The plugin delay compensation should be applied to the automation as well as the audio track. At the very least, this should be provided as an option in the Logic "Advanced" preferences."

Last edited by musicartist; 3 weeks ago at 06:36 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #628
Lives for gear
 

It is super difficult for me to learn another daw and navigate as quickly.
I don’t know about others but for me it’s frustrating as can be.
So learning a daw isn’t just spending usually $200+ on other software it’s a big investment fo time.
And this issue with logic isn’t some little feature that’s missing. It’s core issues that should’ve been fixed years ago.
Also, just yesterday while only working with 5 tracks I ran into the problem where a region wouldn’t snap to the grid no matter what I did.
No matter how I set the snap value/feature.
It simply would not snap to the grid.
Even when holding the option/alt key to move by samples.
This isn’t just something like a rear view mirror or a some dash lights that go out on a car.
It’s more like serious transmission and engine problems.
It’s just nuts to me, for a company that Is worth a trillion $$$ and makes the hardware and software which is supposed to work flawlessly together, to have these issues.
If you go thru a McDonald’s drive thru and they mess up your order 1 times out of 10, and it’s just condiments. Not a huge deal but still needs to be addressed.
But when you have somebody getting the complete wrong order 1 out of 10 times, it’s big friggin deal and definitely needs to be addressed right away. It holds up the whole drive thru and creates bigger problems.
That’s what I equate this to.
These issues are a big deal and from a company that makes the hardware and software and has plenty of money/resources to rectify the problem.

So, either you care or you don’t.
If you eventually find yourself having to go through months of frustration learning another daw to try and be as efficient as the daw you’d used and supported for years maybe you’ll look at this differently.
Some users just don’t care because it’s not affecting them at this time.
Don’t know what to tell ya. That’s a real selfish point of view and odds are with problems like this, it’s already affecting your projects and you don’t know it, or it’s just a matter of time before you realize some really serious sh!t is wrong with logic.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #629
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Y'all need to go outside and enjoy yourselves.
This exactly why I want Apple to fix these issues.
So I don’t have to sit in front of my computer tracking down bugs and finding workarounds for what should be basic functions in a daw these days.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #630
Lives for gear
 
Strobian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
It is super difficult for me to learn another daw and navigate as quickly.
I don’t know about others but for me it’s frustrating as can be.
So learning a daw isn’t just spending usually $200+ on other software it’s a big investment fo time.
And this issue with logic isn’t some little feature that’s missing. It’s core issues that should’ve been fixed years ago.
Also, just yesterday while only working with 5 tracks I ran into the problem where a region wouldn’t snap to the grid no matter what I did.
No matter how I set the snap value/feature.
It simply would not snap to the grid.
Even when holding the option/alt key to move by samples.
This isn’t just something like a rear view mirror or a some dash lights that go out on a car.
It’s more like serious transmission and engine problems.
It’s just nuts to me, for a company that Is worth a trillion $$$ and makes the hardware and software which is supposed to work flawlessly together, to have these issues.
If you go thru a McDonald’s drive thru and they mess up your order 1 times out of 10, and it’s just condiments. Not a huge deal but still needs to be addressed.
But when you have somebody getting the complete wrong order 1 out of 10 times, it’s big friggin deal and definitely needs to be addressed right away. It holds up the whole drive thru and creates bigger problems.
That’s what I equate this to.
These issues are a big deal and from a company that makes the hardware and software and has plenty of money/resources to rectify the problem.

So, either you care or you don’t.
If you eventually find yourself having to go through months of frustration learning another daw to try and be as efficient as the daw you’d used and supported for years maybe you’ll look at this differently.
Some users just don’t care because it’s not affecting them at this time.
Don’t know what to tell ya. That’s a real selfish point of view and odds are with problems like this, it’s already affecting your projects and you don’t know it, or it’s just a matter of time before you realize some really serious sh!t is wrong with logic.
Did you change snap to absolute value? I found a time that I didn't realize it was on relative for quite a while.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4589 views: 580871
Avatar for stixstudios
stixstudios 20th May 2020
replies: 3293 views: 849419
Avatar for jarran
jarran 27th June 2020
replies: 1188 views: 183890
Avatar for jonljacobi
jonljacobi 15th June 2019
replies: 104 views: 9230
Avatar for audioloud
audioloud 1 day ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump