The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic takefolder crossfade bug.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Logic takefolder crossfade bug.

Hi,

I’ve encountered an annoying crossfade bug in Logic 10.4.4 that was still there in 10.4.6. Worked correctly in 10.3, Not able to easily try 10.4.7 as would need to update OS but can anyone running 10.4.7 confirm for me if this bug is still present? :

Inside a take folder, turn off quick swipe comping, separate a section of a take with the marquee tool, then move that section in time left or right - as if you were editing timing within a take, rather than comping to a different take.

After doing this, in 10.4.4 the region boudaries have fade outs instead of cross fades, and there’s no way to change them, resulting in bad/audible edits. In 10.3 it works correctly and creates cross fades at the region boundaries. You can work around it in 10.4.4 by moving the chopped section to a different lane in the take folder at which point the boundaries immediately become cross fades again. Can anyone else verify this bug behaviour, and/or confirm if it has been fixed in 10.4.7? I have reported the bug to Apple via the feedback forms...

Thanks,
Iain
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Bump!

Anyone able to confirm or deny the behaviour detailed above?

Iain

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search