The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Customizing Keys-How do you make the "Record in" "Record Out" keys like pro tools?
Old 4th November 2019
Customizing Keys-How do you make the "Record in" "Record Out" keys like pro tools?

I've been forced to use Pro Tools over the last few weeks...one thing I like is pressing "command + Space bar" for punching in and "command + Space bar" again to punch out. This is much like a tape machine and I like it. How can I set up Logic to work this way? I don't really like the "R" and "shift+R" for recording...

I'm mildly familiar with customizing key commands in logic. I can program "command+space bar" as my Record keys but programing it to come out of record by pressing "command+space bar" again is where I run into problems (because that command is already used. Is it possible to setup logic this way?
Old 4th November 2019
I figured out. One has to set the "record Toggle" command....I was trying to set the "record" and "capture as recording" command.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search