The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why are PC's momentary?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why are PC's momentary?

I've been experimenting with creating a midi track in Logic to control the patch and snapshot changes on my Helix LT in time with my backing tracks, and I've got a question that I can't seem to find the answer to in any documentation.

When I create a programme change event in Logic to select a patch on the Helix, the patch only selects momentarily before switching back to patch 1B. I've found a workaround that make the selected patch stick - I have to also create controller change event to select a snapshot (cc69 0-7) - but I don't believe that should be necessary.

My question is, what have I missed (or is this actually normal behaviour)?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This is driving me nuts now. Like I said above, I thought I'd found a workaround.

Well, the workaround works sometimes, but not others. I've created a midi region for one song, entered the correct PC and CC numbers to select the appropriate patch and snapshot, and it works fine. So then I move to the next song (in the same session - just further along the timeline), copy and paste the original midi region into a new instrument track (routed to the same piece of equipment - the Helix), and now, at this new location, it doesn't work - or rather it changes patch momentarily then immediately switches back to the patch associated with PC001.

Can anybody suggest something in Logic that I might have missed, please?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

How are you creating the PC event? Can you see the PC and CC messages in the event list?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified View Post
How are you creating the PC event? Can you see the PC and CC messages in the event list?
Yes I can - I create them in the event list. I managed to get everything working as described above, but then I tried moving some of my patches to a different storage location in the Helix, changed the PC message in the event list accordingly, and then the problem reoccured - a momentary switch to the patch I wanted, then defaulting back to a different patch.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search