The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pitch shifting the old school way? plugin?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Pitch shifting the old school way? plugin?

Is there a freeware plugin that will give me pitch shifting like it used to work back then...

I need to be able to select a portion of audio on a track and simply pitch it up or down in semitone steps. No warping, no stretching no fancy stuff. So pitch up will increase pitch and speed, pitch down will decrease pitch and speed.

Thank you
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

If you use LPX it's built in.../s~
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Logic method:

- Select audio region
- Switch on Flex Time
- Select Flex mode: Speed (FX)
- alt/option drag the region to a different length

As for freeware plugins, I don't know of any that would do this.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by onerob View Post
L- alt/option drag the region to a different length
Thanks.
Is there a way to do it by semitones instead of altering length?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I don't know a way to drag the region in semi-tone increments.

To be able to control the note-pitch you should load the audio into a sampler. Logic makes this easy: Right-click the audio region and choose Convert > Convert to New Sampler Track. Click OK and you'll get a new track with an EXS24 instrument setup for you. Go into EXS24 and click the Edit button. In the edit screen click the listed sample and extend the range across all notes. You do this either by dragging the edges of the small blue square above the keyboard, or by editing the Lo and Hi values in the sample's Key Range.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by onerob View Post
I don't know a way to drag the region in semi-tone increments.

To be able to control the note-pitch you should load the audio into a sampler. Logic makes this easy: Right-click the audio region and choose Convert > Convert to New Sampler Track. Click OK and you'll get a new track with an EXS24 instrument setup for you. Go into EXS24 and click the Edit button. In the edit screen click the listed sample and extend the range across all notes. You do this either by dragging the edges of the small blue square above the keyboard, or by editing the Lo and Hi values in the sample's Key Range.
Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search