The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to play video fullscreen in a projector with Logic Pro X
Old 26th October 2019
Here for the gear

Question How to play video fullscreen in a projector with Logic Pro X

I'm using Logic Pro X to play some background tracks plus a click track for live playing. I'd like to also play a video at the same time synchronized with the other tracks. The video will be projected with the HDMI out of my Macbook Air 11 laptop. I can move the video window in Logic Pro to the second "monitor" (the projector) and maximize it, but still the chrome of the video window and the title is shown.

Is it possible to play the video as full screen in the second monitor with no window or video controls visible?

Thanks!
Old 27th October 2019
Lives for gear

Yes. I do this at my live shows. Right click on the video to play full screen.
Old 9th November 2019
Here for the gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbyroad View Post
Yes. I do this at my live shows. Right click on the video to play full screen.
Thanks! I didn't know the video window had a context menu! I've found the "Use full screen" option. I haven't tested with an external HDMI output. I guess it goes full screen in the screen where the window resides (no matter whether it's the main display or the secondary one), doesn't it?
Old 9th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Thanks! I didn't know the video window had a context menu! I've found the "Use full screen" option. I haven't tested with an external HDMI output. I guess it goes full screen in the screen where the window resides (no matter whether it's the main display or the secondary one), doesn't it?
the video window will maximize on the screen/monitor where it is active. When you save the Logic session it will recall that positioning as well as the full or smaller state of the video window - so long as you’re using the same monitor setup when you reopen the Logic session. Otherwise the video window will appear on the same screen as the Logic main window

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search