The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quantize Audio not working Logic Pro X
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quantize Audio not working Logic Pro X

I've spend the last 6 hours searching the web and experimenting with no luck. I'm having problems quantizing a bass track to the tempo map in Logic Pro. It keeps moving the bass line way out of wack instead of syncing it. Is there anyone out there who knows how to do this and would be willing to do a screen share to show me what I'm doing wrong?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hey, sorry for your hang up there, I’m genuinely interested and not trying to be rude, why spend 6 hours researching quantizing a bass part? Seems you could play it right in less than that amount of time and avoid the headache you have right now. The reason I ask, is won’t your bass part sound mangled once you quantize the audio file? Or are you talking about quantizing midi?

I’d say it sounds like what you’re trying to quantize is not lined up to the grid properly- IE tempo is matched to project tempo and first beat is coming in at the right place, at the beginning of a bar.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothink View Post
I've spend the last 6 hours searching the web and experimenting with no luck. I'm having problems quantizing a bass track to the tempo map in Logic Pro. It keeps moving the bass line way out of wack instead of syncing it. Is there anyone out there who knows how to do this and would be willing to do a screen share to show me what I'm doing wrong?
Have you quantised audio before, but now it is not working?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendocino beano View Post
Hey, sorry for your hang up there, I’m genuinely interested and not trying to be rude, why spend 6 hours researching quantizing a bass part? Seems you could play it right in less than that amount of time and avoid the headache you have right now. The reason I ask, is won’t your bass part sound mangled once you quantize the audio file? Or are you talking about quantizing midi?

I’d say it sounds like what you’re trying to quantize is not lined up to the grid properly- IE tempo is matched to project tempo and first beat is coming in at the right place, at the beginning of a bar.
Thanks for your reply. Yup - re-recording it would be MUCH faster but I'm not the bass player so I don't want to go down that path unless I have to. Also, the bass part is just an example of the larger problem I was experiencing. I wanted to make sure I know how to fix this for other elements/ future scenarios as I suspected I was doing something wrong.

Your feedback about the quantize not being lined up to the grid is the issue. I was able to quantize the parts that had issues and I'm back in business.

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothink View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yup - re-recording it would be MUCH faster but I'm not the bass player so I don't want to go down that path unless I have to. Also, the bass part is just an example of the larger problem I was experiencing. I wanted to make sure I know how to fix this for other elements/ future scenarios as I suspected I was doing something wrong.

Your feedback about the quantize not being lined up to the grid is the issue. I was able to quantize the parts that had issues and I'm back in business.

Thanks!
Hi SteveToThink just making sure you know quantizing audio in Logic X takes place in your Event List!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search