The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
midi clock problem
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

midi clock problem

Hi eveyone,
I have what is probably a simple midi clock problem, I am a bit of a novice at syncing up logic to outboard synths. My problem is this - I am trying to control my prophet 6 by sending it midi clock from logic (via 5 pin) and, whilst I have got it pretty much working when I start from the very beginning of the project (1 1 1) the clock seems to be triggering synth notes, and it doesn’t stop until I stop playback. This doesn’t happen when I start from any other place in the project when everything behaves as I want. Does anyone know why it would be doing this or what setting I can use to stop it? I have tried all the midi sync options that seem relevant but none help. It is not helping that I don’t understand a lot of the terminology used. Thanks.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Are you trying to get the Prophet sequencer to synch to Logic?

The Prophet manual page 11 discusses MIDI Start and Stop messages. If your problem is the Prophet sequencer starts up every time at the top of playback, change the setting to not respond to MIDI Start/Stop messages.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks, that is exactly it, I must have missed it in the prophet manual. I was only using the arpeggiator and had no idea logic transmitted a sequencer on command. Many thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search