The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic X recording drops out but no system overload message
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Logic X recording drops out but no system overload message

I’m running Logic X on a 2011 MacBook Pro (base model probably the problem) and I’m beginning to have an issue where it will just stop recording but continue playing with no error message. I see the CPU meter is usually high when this happens so I assume it’s a system overload but I get no error message.

Is this unusual?

As a side note, is there any way to get logic to stop creating busses for reverbs and delays when using patches? I’ve found that these are hiding from my view using up a lot of my scarce cpu resources and I’d rather create those intentionally when I want them, than have to remember to switch to mixer view and deal with them. It was frustrating to freeze every track on my arrangement view and still have recording drop out and cpu meter blazing, before I realized that these automatic effects busses were the culprit

Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

... is it unusual for logic to just stop recording and go right into playback without showing any error message??

ever seen this happen?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

are you sure you don’t have drop in/out points marked during record?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I had the same issue today actually. I increased the buffer latency which solved my problem.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thanks guys,

Nope, no recording in/out points unless I set them accidentally. Never had that problem before though, been using logic for quite a few years.

I’ll mess with the buffer a bit. Seems like it only happens in a project I’m working on with a few soft synths, audio only projects don’t seem to use much cpu at all. I know I’m on a relatively slow old MacBook, seems like I started having more drop outs and cpu load issues since one of the recent logic updates.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Check your preferences to see if you have told Logic to not show the error message. Preferences - General - Notifications

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search