The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mainstage: attack sometimes changes for no apparent reason on "studio horns" sound
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Mainstage: attack sometimes changes for no apparent reason on "studio horns" sound

subj says it all. It's baffling. Sometimes I will start playing on a patch and I'll find that the studio horns sound is configured with a slow attack even though I saved that concert with a short attack. Anyone had something like this happen ? Wonder if something on my controller is tripping a change in this setting
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I discovered a similar quirk with some of the Garritan libraries within the Aria Player. When I switched presets, it would load the expected sound files, but retain the parameter settings from the previous preset.

If I loaded an Instant Orchestra effects preset where the instruments were out of tune, on purpose for effect, and then loaded a piano preset, it would inherit the strange tuning instead of the normal piano tuning. Same for attacks.

The only solution I've found was to clear/empty the preset between changing presets.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Following up I think I found a possible explanation : the attack is adjustable by one of the sliders in the controller. Usually the slider position doesn't take but if the slider is touched for any reason or if anything else happened that would lead to the slider position getting sent this would have happened. I recall that in this case the slider was in such a position as to move to the slowest attack setting and the same slider also appeared to have silenced one of my other sounds (by moving a filter cutoff to an extreme value)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search