The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic x unusual Overload problem (New version)
Old 12th October 2019
Here for the gear
Logic x unusual Overload problem (New version)

(LOGIC OVERLOAD)

Hey guys,

Just realized my Logic updated itself without me knowing. Only just realized because I started to make a new track tonight and it's literally unusable. I have literally 8 midi tracks goings with hardly any plugins or processing at all. I'm all the way at 1024 but everytime I play a loop it's just kaput.

I have a late 2013 pro retina 15" i7 16gb of ram and always run projects off external Samsung T5's

It has been fine with up to 45 tracks inc vox with heavy processing up to now with hardly any issues.

Only thing I can think of is that my boot drive is quite full - is that likely to be the issue? literally don't know what to do.

Cheers guys
Matt
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody450 View Post
(LOGIC OVERLOAD)

Hey guys,

Just realized my Logic updated itself without me knowing. Only just realized because I started to make a new track tonight and it's literally unusable. I have literally 8 midi tracks goings with hardly any plugins or processing at all. I'm all the way at 1024 but everytime I play a loop it's just kaput.

I have a late 2013 pro retina 15" i7 16gb of ram and always run projects off external Samsung T5's

It has been fine with up to 45 tracks inc vox with heavy processing up to now with hardly any issues.

Only thing I can think of is that my boot drive is quite full - is that likely to be the issue? literally don't know what to do.

Cheers guys
Matt
In Preferences/General/Audio toggle "Playback Tracks" to "Playback & Live Tracks".
Old 12th October 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
In Preferences/General/Audio toggle "Playback Tracks" to "Playback & Live Tracks".
Thanks man, that already set, one of the first things I checked. Sorry forgot to say, my bad.
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

I have a 2013 and an 18. I can’t recall exactly what the issue was but I do remember the 2013 would act real funky and do strange things whenever the SSD got full. I had to periodically do a bit of house keeping to make some space. Afterwards it would be back to normal.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Thanks guys,

found out the problem using the CPU reader in transport. Weirdly it was a pad in Spire that was causing Logic to max out my usage on all cores. turned it off and it went back to about 15 perfect. How weird ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Weirdly it was a pad in Spire that was causing Logic to max out my usage on all cores. turned it off and it went back to about 15 perfect.
Spire is a known CPU hog. Never bothered to purchase it because of this.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
Spire is a known CPU hog. Never bothered to purchase it because of this.
Compared to Diva its not actually so bad!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Compared to Diva its not actually so bad!
Probably... never owned Diva either because of the high CPU issues as well. I do own Zebra 2 and The Dark Zebra which is just fantastic and takes up very little CPU resources. I don't know how U-he did it though because Zebra/The Dark Zebra sounds amazing for how lightweight they are.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search