The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Project with video doesn't close
Old 10th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Project with video doesn't close

I've got video imported into a couple of Logic projects, and it works fine, except that when I close the project, it doesn't actually close the video window. So then when I go to open a new project, I get this this dialog box:

"Do you want to close the current project before opening a new song?"

Well, Logic, I already closed the project, you just didn't clean up after yourself.

Considering that I want to use Logic for live video and will be rapidly switching between projects, this unnecessary dialog is dumb and irritating.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround or preference or something to make Logic fully close a session that includes video when I tell it to close?

Using Logic 10.4.7 on Mojave, btw.
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear

You aren’t closing the project correctly - you are probably just closing the arrangement window so it looks like the project is closed, I’ve done this and had the same issue.

You want ‘close all windows’ under file menu, not ‘close’ (this just closes the active window). The key command is cmd-alt-W.

Last edited by tedmanzie; 11th October 2019 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Correction
Old 2nd November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie View Post
You aren’t closing the project correctly - you are probably just closing the arrangement window so it looks like the project is closed, I’ve done this and had the same issue.

You want ‘close all windows’ under file menu, not ‘close’ (this just closes the active window). The key command is cmd-alt-W.
It was not that. I know the difference between closing the window and closing the project. It was a piece of software I use for live performance called OnStageX. It is supposed to automatically close the project when it receives a particular midi signal, then open the next project in its list. It doesn’t work correctly when the project has video.

The manufacturers of OnStageX suck at support and didn’t even reply to multiple requests for help, so I would recommend avoiding it.

Last edited by jjeffers; 2nd November 2019 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd November 2019
Lives for gear

Bit light on info in the original post!
Glad you solved it.
Old 3rd November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie View Post
Bit light on info in the original post!
Glad you solved it.
Yep, sorry about that. I didn’t even consider that the problem might have been the other software. Still can’t believe they screwed up something as simple as closing the project properly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search