The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Emagic Logic Gold for Windows XP fix
Old 9th October 2019
Here for the gear
Emagic Logic Gold for Windows XP fix

I have a version of Logic that I purchased just before Emagic was bought out by Apple. According to the Emagic website there exists a fix that permits it to run on operating systems newer than Windows 98. I have a fully legal copy of Logic Gold with the attendant dongle (hardware key) but all that exists of their web site is what is on the wayback machine. This web site includes links to the fix but no available fix. Does anyone have the Logic XP fix that they could send me so that the program can find the hardware key when running under XP (or other more modern Windows operating systems)? I paid $700 for this software and would like to be able to use it without having to maintain a separate windows 98 computer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I have now found the Logic XP fix program but apparently I still need a higher revision of Logic Audio Gold 4 for this to work. I have all versions up to 4.51 but I need version 4.81 for this fix to work -- IE for the program to find my Logic Gold hardware key. Does anyone have a version they could send me? It was freely available on the Emagic site but the link no longer works.
Old 4 weeks ago
Ouch, its probably alot easier to find on one of the many OS9 websites than it is for Windows heh. I checked my Sounddiver cd but no luck, it only has updates for 4.51 on it. If I can find it on one of the other Emagic discs I still have somewhere Ill send it over but no guarantee. I know where my 5/6/7 boxes are, but maybe its on the EXS24 cd or something. Cant remember at what point I bought that at, but they always had Logic updates included on them, even if it was one of the MIDI interfaces or the old Audiowerk cards.
Old 4 hours ago
Here for the gear

gold

i have a version of logic gold 4.8 if you are interested you pay for shipping and i can send it to you. here is a picture of it. tried to sell it on different forums, as well as eBay but i guess it's to old for people.so i would rather see someone get some use out of it than it go to the dump.
thanks
zeek
Attached Thumbnails
Emagic Logic Gold for Windows XP fix-dtjqkea.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search