The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Own samples. Best way?
Old 5th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Own samples. Best way?

Hi,

I have various sample packs and wondered what’s the best way to import them into Logic, so I can use them when I want? Also I tried pointing the browser to the samples but they won’t play in time with the track bpm when I want to audition . I know you can add them to Apple Loops as unlisted loops but that’s a pain as can’t folder them. Ableton and Studio One has this far better in my opinion, unless I’m missing something.
Old 6th October 2019
Lives for gear
For samples I import them into the EXS24. Its a great way to work because you easily audition your samples by transposing a MIDI note up or down, plus you can easily program your drum patterns, etc.

Since version 10.4 you can "bookmark" any folders you have on your computer, they'll appear in the browser. In my experience most of my loops play in time with my project while some of them don't but all in all, I don't really worry about it since all of my loops are labeled with their respective BPMs. If they don't come labeled, I'll manually find out the tempo and label it. Also the way I label loops is that I always list the BPM first in the name followed by everything else. So when I'm working in Logic and need to find a loop I just have to type in the BPM in the search field and all my loops that are at the same BPM will pop up. The search field actually works great and I can type in any key word and find what I need quickly.
Old 6th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Even the ones that are the same bpm don’t always play back at the same tempo for me?
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Even the ones that are the same bpm don’t always play back at the same tempo for me?
No idea dude. When you drag them into the Main Window do they play correctly though?
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear

I also make EXS24 kits for drum samples but sometimes I just use the sample and create a drum beat manually. When it comes to loops I just hit Import and add them to an audio track. You can time stretch them by grabbing the corner and just adjust it to the right length if you are importing something that is 124 into a 128 track etc.
Old 26th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Also why is it that when I’m playing the track and I want to audition a sample to see how it fits in the mix, there is a delay in clicking the sample and it starting?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search