The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Buyer beware Softube Console mk2 Logc X
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Buyer beware Softube Console mk2 Logc X

I've given up on Console 1 with Logic X.

Yes it sounds great and the HW concept is cool, but it does not work predictably out of the box.

I spent hours (that I cant afford) trying to get track / names lining up, only for it all to all be messed up on opening the template again.

Not to mention the USB issues, the lacking interactive channel control that messes with predictable workflow, and the appalling support from Softube.

Its not a pro piece of kit despite the price & marketing. Further the manual contradicts itself with the Logic integration description.

If any of you are having success please let me know, but certainly in my studio its been a total failure.

I'm planning on sending it back to Thomman.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Have been curious about this. Thx for writing your experience.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
I think Apple is the culprit here... I don't know why only Avid Apps (Eucon) are allowed to get info from Logic like which Track is in focus... something like that should be simply available to all 3rd party devs!!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

HI all update: after a lot of sifting through Slutz threads I managed to get the Console 1 working well with Logic X. They is getting tracks, aux's, buses etc in the right order in the ARRANGE page, which means in the case of aux's getting them to be viable in arrange. Further Console 1 started recognizing both track names and numbers from Logic which makes a huge workflow difference. Sadly the complete integration (track select) is missing and Softube refuse to comment on it. Once up and running the product is great and opens up significant creative fun and experimentation with out the mouse !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search