The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Universal Audio - Sharing Plugins in Logic
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Universal Audio - Sharing Plugins in Logic

Hey guys,

My apologies in advance if this in the wrong section, but I based off of all my searches it was hard to pin-point where this might fit it.. Plus when I tried add it to another section, it said that I didnt have access to that area....

On to my question - I have been thinking about purchasing a UA Apollo interface for my home studio to do some guitar tracking on. My friend has a pretty nice studio with a lot more outboard gear and other goodies which we usually record stuff like drum tracks and do most of the mixing in. I want to know what would happen if I recorded guitar tracks at home using UA plugins and the apollo, but then saved the file to an external hard drive and brought it to his studio to add more tracks (he uses a scarlett focusrite 18i20 with octopre connected via lightpipe).

If I had to guess the UA stuff probably wont work, but I've never used their stuff before, and I am very new to home recording, so I'm not sure if there's a way around it and figured someone on here would have the answer.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaki94 View Post
Hey guys,

My apologies in advance if this in the wrong section, but I based off of all my searches it was hard to pin-point where this might fit it.. Plus when I tried add it to another section, it said that I didnt have access to that area....

On to my question - I have been thinking about purchasing a UA Apollo interface for my home studio to do some guitar tracking on. My friend has a pretty nice studio with a lot more outboard gear and other goodies which we usually record stuff like drum tracks and do most of the mixing in. I want to know what would happen if I recorded guitar tracks at home using UA plugins and the apollo, but then saved the file to an external hard drive and brought it to his studio to add more tracks (he uses a scarlett focusrite 18i20 with octopre connected via lightpipe).

If I had to guess the UA stuff probably wont work, but I've never used their stuff before, and I am very new to home recording, so I'm not sure if there's a way around it and figured someone on here would have the answer.

Thanks in advance!
It doesn't work that with with UAD plugins- you need the hardware in order to run their plugins, because they are DSP, not native.

Your friend will need either a UAD audio interface or a UAD2 DSP device.
They will also need licenses for the same plugins as you.

The only way for this to work is for you to bounce down the individual tracks with the plugins printed, or submix to stems, or a stereo file.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search