The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Can't Change Note on Logic Pro X Event List Using Akai Midi Controller
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can't Change Note on Logic Pro X Event List Using Akai Midi Controller

Hi, all
I'm running Logic 10.4.6 on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra 10.3.6. I have been trying to figure out how to change a note in the Event List using my midi controller (Akai MPK Mini MKII).

In Pro Tools, I would click on the note in an event list window, the note would be highlighted, I'd press the desired note on my midi controller, and the corresponding note would reflect a change on the event list. (The similar thing happens, too, if I click on a velocity value -- it gets highlighted, I press on a note, the approximate degree of which would correspond to a velocity level, the value would be reflected on the Event List). I know that in Logic Pro X, one can click on the note and scroll for the note; however, I find the midi controller's instant single-note input much more practical (and faster) since it's also already connected to the DAW.

Would anyone know if this is possible in LPX? I may be missing something. If so, I hope someone can help enlighten me as I have spent days trying to search for an answer on the web (and Apple Discussions and AKAI forum on Get Satisfaction as well, both with no luck) and have not found anything related to this as well in the Logic Pro Help's Event List help topics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

PS I hope I am posting in the right place here. Apologies in advance if I am mistaken.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

*Bump* after 417 views.

I'm thinking I may really just be missing something simple here, like a setting or the like, as the subject I raised is, I believe, definitely not alien to DAW users. It was something easily accomplished in the Event List in Pro Tools (as well as in Digital Performer, back when I was using DP in the late '90s). I have been searching for answers for weeks on the net without success, so I really do hope someone can help enlighten me. Thank you.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
go look here and see if it solves your problem...

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/v...yboard#p749564

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search