The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
NUDGE STATUS-in Logic Pro X
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

NUDGE STATUS-in Logic Pro X

Been busting my brain trying to find a way to get Logic to show me my "nudge status", or some viewable window or box that tells me how far I have moved the audio file from its original position.
Pro Tools has this. Anyone else found a way to do this in Logic ?
Also. Id like to be able to nudge by 10 samples, but the only option is 1.
I seem to remember a video where a guy actually had a plugin that did what Im asking about.
Anyone?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Note: I’m not talking about “nudge values” ( bars, beats, frames, samples etc etc).
I’m talking about a window that shows how far I have nudged from the original position.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscalia View Post
Been busting my brain trying to find a way to get Logic to show me my "nudge status", or some viewable window or box that tells me how far I have moved the audio file from its original position.
I don't know if this exists in Logic.

Quote:
Id like to be able to nudge by 10 samples, but the only option is 1.?
If you want to be able to nudge by exactly 10 samples and you're familiar with programs like Better Touch Tool or Keyboard Maestro you're better off making a custom macro that automatically nudges by 1 sample x 10 = 10 samples.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thanks Anp27. I just find it weird that Logic won’t let me choose that ( 10 samples nudge) .
I see the Produce Like a Pro dude using some plugin all the time , that lets him nudge drum tracks plus or minus 10 samples, or whatever amount he chooses.
The point is, it allows him to move , or slip a track without getting lost from where it was originally at.
I believe his app keeps the actual audio file in its place while the app itself moves the item.
I think i also recall an Eventide plugin that does something similar.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I see the Produce Like a Pro dude using some plugin all the time , that lets him nudge drum tracks plus or minus 10 samples, or whatever amount he chooses.
Could you perhaps link the video you're talking about, or even just tell the title of the video? Would like to check it out myself, sounds interesting.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
Could you perhaps link the video you're talking about, or even just tell the title of the video? Would like to check it out myself, sounds interesting.
It’s on YouTube “Produce Like a Pro”. I’ll try to find a link.
It will be one of the drum editing/mixing videos he does.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Have you thought about leaving the track where it is and using the sample delay plugin? Not nudging, but same outcome I think.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

When help tag is on it displays an object’s position when you click/hold it - piano roll note or region.
While cumbersome, you can check the help tag before and after nudging. (From what I recall of PT, & what I know of LPX, I prefer how PT handled this.) I know this isn’t exactly what you asked.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search