The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone keep Logic Loops and FX in their music?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Anyone keep Logic Loops and FX in their music?

Anyone using Logic loops and sound FX in music? I have been working on moody soundtrack stuff, mainly with just the Logic internal software synths like EXS. Does it come off as unprofessional, or do you recognize stock sounds when you hear soundtracks/songs/commercials? I sometimes use the loops they give us but it occurred to me maybe they are meant to be unreleasable, just "for fun" not for using in final compositions ?

Last edited by HarryDelmarva; 1 week ago at 04:10 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

All included content is royalty free.
Free for commercial use.

What does it matter if someone else uses a preset? If you like what you made, that’s all that matters.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidlab View Post
All included content is royalty free.
Free for commercial use.

What does it matter if someone else uses a preset? If you like what you made, that’s all that matters.
Thanks for the input. I don't listen to music with the awareness of "they used this Synth/Sampler/Sample/FX here" but I know some people do. I remember back in the day when bands would go to extremes to get their unique sounds. First with the guitar gods, then you'd hear about synth bands making all their own drum tones or whatever. So I assumed maybe it's bad manners today to use the stock plugins, especially any type of loop or effect. I'm old fashioned
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I watched a documentary on Netflix and recognized lots of naked Apple Loops!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDelmarva View Post
Anyone using Logic loops and sound FX in music? I have been working on moody soundtrack stuff, mainly with just the Logic internal software synths like EXS. Does it come off as unprofessional, or do you recognize stock sounds when you hear soundtracks/songs/commercials? I sometimes use the loops they give us but it occurred to me maybe they are meant to be unreleasable, just "for fun" not for using in final compositions ?
Rihanna's hit 'Umbrella' was straight apple drum loop.....if it words it works, as stated they are royalty free...

Also Ushers hit 'Love In This Club' was a straight apple synth loop
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

when you buy LPX, you buy the samples.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDelmarva View Post
Thanks for the input. I don't listen to music with the awareness of "they used this Synth/Sampler/Sample/FX here" but I know some people do. I remember back in the day when bands would go to extremes to get their unique sounds. First with the guitar gods, then you'd hear about synth bands making all their own drum tones or whatever. So I assumed maybe it's bad manners today to use the stock plugins, especially any type of loop or effect. I'm old fashioned
Interesting topic.

I canceled my Splice and Sounds.com subscriptions because I felt that using pre-made loops wasn't really composing and was frankly, lazy. Recently I had a looming deadline to finish a score for a foreign documentary. I was only all too willing to grab pre-made stuff from wherever I could as d-day approached. My own hypocrisy is inversely related to the amount of pressure I'm under.

I definitely used an Apple drum loop or two... or three.

Last edited by d.dot; 6 days ago at 02:38 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search