The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sample/Patch/Sound/Preset organization
Old 29th August 2019
Gear Addict

Sample/Patch/Sound/Preset organization

Within Logic you have upward of two dozen software instruments (more, if you add plug-ins), each with dozens, if not hundreds of presets, patches, sample instruments, etc. The process of searching for a specific instrument or sound is cumbersome at very least, daunting at worst. I'm left auditioning these things endlessly, but when I find useful presets, I'd love to save them somewhere in a group that I can go back to and find all the presets I've found useful. Perhaps sub-folders that are categorized with sound types (pads, leads, etc.) but without specific regard to the software instrument itself. In other words, organizing the end result only.

I tried to "save-as" a few patches, and did save something, but can't re-open anything. The only solution I have found, and it's really a bad one, is to audition and select sounds in a project, then leave them on a track, and save the project with a stack of tracks/sounds that have been selected. Not really useful, but at least it saves a little searching time. Also tried a text list....hate it.

I don't see a way to do that in Logic Pro X. How do you guys keep track of the good stuff amid the 70% useless?

This would also be good for processing and EQ plugin settings too. You don't need to organize the processors, you do need to save great presets.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search