The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic Pro X ALWAYS clipping
Old 29th August 2019
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X ALWAYS clipping

Hey Ya'll I'm new to the whole mixing world and am completely stumped. Definitely need help. On Logic Pro X my tracks are always clipping. even when all my faders and master volume are turned all the way down they are still clipping. Everything is completely turned down but somehow I'm still getting crazy levels, thus when I turn the track up at all I'm already peaking leaving me with an embarrassingly quiet track. Any advice?
Old 29th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_kalahan View Post
Hey Ya'll I'm new to the whole mixing world and am completely stumped. Definitely need help. On Logic Pro X my tracks are always clipping. even when all my faders and master volume are turned all the way down they are still clipping. Everything is completely turned down but somehow I'm still getting crazy levels, thus when I turn the track up at all I'm already peaking leaving me with an embarrassingly quiet track. Any advice?
Is Pre-Fader Metering turned on so that you seed the level actually hitting the channel strips and outputs?
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Addict

You’ve got pre fader metering on, and can see the source channels have been recorded extremely hot. Turn them down with clip gain and set to post fader metering
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

The Hornet VU Meter is another way to tackle this problem. I've got templates with one at the start of every channel strip, both for metering and reducing gain before hitting compressors & eq's that model analog devices - just another way to gain stage.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugin...-vu-meter-mk3/

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search