The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Basic Logic X Questions
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

Basic Logic X Questions

Hello Gearslutz.... ,

I´ve got some basic Logic X questions, hope you can help.

I can´t open several Plugin Windows with the current settings. Logic will always close the one I´ve opened, when I´m opening another. Could you tell me where I can change this?

Logic always wants to save Channel Strip Settings in the Music Apps Folder and also doesn´t provide the Saves if I save them somewhere else. Can I change this somehow or choose several folders? I´m mixing a set of 4 Songs right now and would like to save it there, probably won´t use it with another mix anyway.

When I´m using Flex Time it sometimes chooses the weirdest material to fill in the Gaps. Can I choose manually which material it shall use or just the different logarithms?

Is there a way to lock the final Track I chose from Takefolders without flatten & merge and treating it like a casual track? Would make it much easier f.e. if I want to change the drums here and there after the whole session is recorded probably even mixed.

And one last mixing question... I´ve got a loud kick on my room mics, which may end up being to loud. Do you have any suggestions how to make it quieter? I already tried to EQ & Multipress but everything I did so far took to much out of the whole Room Signal.

Hope somebody can help me with one or another. Thanks a lot!
Old 30th August 2019
Here for the gear

Really noone? Could really use your help.
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear
Plugins - click on the little "chain link" icon in the top right window of a plugin. There are multiple "modes". You want normal, which allows multiple plugin windows at the same time.

Settings - if you aren't going to use the settings again - why save them? Logic won't remember the path for settings if you decide to do something different, so you have to go chase them down every time (that you don't use them again).

Loud kick? Turn down the fader. If that doesn't help, use "Region gain" - little box over in the inspector. Non-destructive. Enter something like -20 and see if you are happier. Turn down the gain on the way in.
Old 2nd September 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks. All solved.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search