The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Audio output changes after sleep
Old 26th August 2019
Here for the gear

Audio output changes after sleep

Hello all,

I have an external monitor via Displayport (full tech specs at bottom). For some annoying reason, when I walk away from my computer, let it go to sleep and come back an hour later, Logic Pro insists on using the external monitor as my audio output! Depending on how many tracks, plugins etc. it can take a few minutes. Then I have to go to Settings and change the Output Device back to my interface, and wait a few more minutes again. Does this happen to anyone else? I want Logic to always use my preferred interface. For the record, the monitor doesn't even have speakers, only a 3.5mm out. I'd be fine if it was removed on the OS level.

Mac OSX 10.13.6
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Logic Pro X 10.4.6

Monitor is Samsung U28E590 connected via CalDigit TS3Plus+
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear
I have issues with a USB interface connected behind a TB3 dock - disappears and comes back as a different device after "restart".

What device are you using for your output device? MacBook Pro built-in audio? something else?

Try making an aggregate device that does "not" contain the monitor outputs and use the aggregate device as Logic default.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search