The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic's Performance
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear

Logic's Performance

Talking about Logic and Reaper. I am testing Reaper now in a project. It's performance and stability are better then Logic on my machine (MacPro 12core 2012, 64GB RAM, SSD…). Talking about Acustica plugins @ 96khz and similar. I can freeze a bus, which is amazing.

But, I've been using almost only Logic for years. So I am used to it and prefer it's UI. And I like it's integration of SSL Nucleus, which is much better then in Reaper, which offers no sends, no plugin parameter control on the Nuc v1.

Logic is an Apple product. Why the developers can't make it just more powerful and stable? How is it possible, that I can load more plugins in Reaper then in Logic, until my machine starts crying?

I was thinking about the scenarios:
1. Sell my Nucleus, go for Behringer Touch and use Reaper
2. Go back to 44.1khz, freeze always every channel, print sends and forgot Reaper, stay with Logic.

Is there anybody with similar thoughts?
Old 7th September 2019
Gear Head

You need a new mac unfortunately. The old Mac Pros as great as they are, are just too dated. I finally switch this year from a 12 core to a Mac Mini and the experience improved so much. It is again like Logic 9 under Snow Leopard :—)
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear
Go for the X-touch, and buy a new Mac ;-) I just got a new 8-core i9 iMac and am, uhh, supremely happy. My X-Touch and XR18 are happily doing the Logic dance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search