The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Any Logic Pro/UAD Users Out There Who Can Help?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Any Logic Pro/UAD Users Out There Who Can Help?

I'm trying out Logic, after using it years ago.

I use PT, and this is what I'm trying to in Logic to set up a template.

In Pro Tools, I use Virtual 1/2 outputs for my main mix.

I use Virtual 3/4 outputs for a reference track in the session.

When I bounce in PT, I choose either output (one called MIX, one called REF).

In Logic, I can manage to get this working to the point where I hear it and see it in the proper places (VIRTUAL CHANNELS) on the MIX CONSOLE...

BUT ...when I do a bounce in Logic I get nothing but dead air. And this AFTER going up into PREFS in Logic and telling it to use VIRTUAL ONE AND TWO as the main output (as opposed to stereo out).

I'm so lost here.

Anyone?

Thanks
Tom
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I tried this and couldn’t recreate the issue you’re having. Can you share a screen grab of your mixer so we can look at your routing?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Go to your library folder and trash the 2 files with Logic in it. Reboot. When Logic opens it asks you what you want to use for sound in and out. Choose what ever you are using and set the sample rate.

The ins and outs are already preconfigured with my Apollo Twin. I just leave it alone. Make sure your project sample rate matches what you assigned or you will have to change the settings under your record settings.

All of the things you stated about ProTools don’t sound familiar to me and you should try to understand how Logic works and expect to view things through Logic’s eyes not ProTools.

I just have the main outs of my Apollo Twin as my monitor outs and the 2 ins as my inputs for recording.
Again I didn’t have to really do anything for that to happen, Logic did it for me.

Good luck and I hope you find the solution that you desire.

Pat
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

When you play your project, I assume you're hearing sound out of the speakers, and the meters on the main stereo output bus are showing signal activity?

I'd maybe consider a different bus routing - like routing everything to a 'master bus' (which in Logic would actually be a stereo AUX channel), then if you want to 'mirror' that to somewhere else (like your 'ref' output) you could use a pre-fader send from that 'master' aux. And if that master aux is set to output to stereo 1/2, all should work fine... But maybe I'm missing something.

It's funny, I'm a longtime Logic user just starting to get my head around Pro Tools, and it's precisely this kind of basic routing and signal flow stuff that has me scratching my head in PT. The PT I/O grid is such a foreign concept to a Logic user.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Where do your Virtual Ports go? What are you using to create them?

The Apple audio thing is pretty confusing since for example we can't even screen record Logic itself without using an input/output device like Soundflower as a catch all for things which actually hit the outputs.

So the way I run a reference track is that I make an audio track that goes directly to the StereoBus, and all other tracks and Auxes I make in the project get routed to an Aux which is basically my project's true StereoBus.

I then leave the reference audio track muted, and use option mouseclick the S to solo just the reference.

The cool thing about that is if I need to add another output, I can just use sends from that virtual StereoBus Aux to the new output track (for example headphones).

To use that capability, we have to create an aggregate or multi-output device in the Audio Midi Setup app that is deeply hidden in MacOS "Other" folder, lol, mine is on my sidebar.

I haven't used Pro Tools at all so I can't directly translate the exact same method. I've not heard of virtual output ports before.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
I think it depends on how you bounce...
If I click on the B button on the channel strip for the output I want I get the audio.
If I use the menu command like Bounce project I get the Audio from Stereo Out.

I basically route all of my audio to the MixBus (20), and that to Stereo Out.
I route reference tracks to DryBus (21), and that to Stereo Out.

If I want to compare reference to mix I simply solo either MixBus or Ref, then option-click solo to swap back and forth.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search