The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Considering X-touch One to use with Logic Pro X
Old 30th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurizio.dececco View Post
No, i checked it :->, i used the Logic Pro preference panel, Automation tab, i switched On "Automation Quick Access", clicked on learn and moved the slider in Master mode.

I wans't sure it could works or if it could interact with the MCU mode, but at the end it worked just fine.

Maurizio
Oh cool. I might look into that.
Old 26th May 2020
Lives for gear

Hi folks,

Do the X-Touch One follow fader selection in Logic Pro? I believe this was an issue before, which was kind of a dealbreaker. Has it been resolved?

Stein Tore
Old 26th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by steins View Post
Hi folks,

Do the X-Touch One follow fader selection in Logic Pro? I believe this was an issue before, which was kind of a dealbreaker. Has it been resolved?

Stein Tore
Has done from day 1 (last 3 years) for me.
Old 9th June 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
Man, I wish Logic would release a control surface.
I'm afraid they've been there and never going back.

I wish Apple would buy Native Instruments and build up on the MASCHINE hardware to build a Logic-controller for the next decades. MCU works great as is, but it can't hide the fact that it's based on 20 year old assumptions and digital technology.

We've gone a long way since then and the new wave of DAW-specific controllers show a tiny bit what would be possible, if only DAW-manufacturers would take more risks.
Old 9th June 2020
It’s possible the Mackie Control Universal and the MCU protocol wouldn’t exist if the original Logic owners, eMagic hadn’t worked with Mackie to build the Logic Control.
Old 10th June 2020
Lives for gear
get an iPad
Old 10th June 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
get an iPad
Nope. Seriously, I'm the biggest advocate of iPads for a lot of usage scenarios, but substituting real buttons, wheels, and knobs is not it.

We can talk if Apple (or whoever) ships iPads with configurable touch surface haptics.
Old 10th June 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMickey View Post
Nope. Seriously, I'm the biggest advocate of iPads for a lot of usage scenarios, but substituting real buttons, wheels, and knobs is not it.
Get an Avid S1 and put the iPad on the display stand ;-) Then you can use "Avid Control" to drive Logic...
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can use Logic "Smart Controls" with the X-Touch - press SHIFT and INST - the display will read "SC" and the scribble-strips will read Param1 - Param8. You use the V-pots to adjust values, or press FLIP and use the faders to adjust values.

Basically 8 knobs/faders for parameter adjustment...

Works great for 3rd party plugins.
this is just golden, thank you. and i'm a MCU user since 10 years.
finally a real reason for me to use the 'smart controls'. and it works really fast & great.

i could not find this in the newest 'logic-pro-x-10-5-control-surfaces-support-guide' pdf

do you know anymore newer useful functions?

cheers!
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear
nothing has changed as far as I can tell...

https://support.apple.com/guide/logi...ss/welcome/mac

The latest online and PDF download...
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
https://support.apple.com/guide/logi...ss/welcome/mac

The latest online and PDF download...
just asking how you found this, because in the quoted guide SHIFT-INST is still described as 'USER mode 6' without any description.
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear
Good question. I can't find it in my manuals either. More than likely I discovered it on the Behringer forums (they broke it horribly with the new version, so I don't/can't participate any more)

Simplest thing to do is open the 'Controller Assignments' window, select 'Modifiers' in the Zone column, 'Shift' in the Mode column, then read the 'Control' and 'Parameter' values.
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good question. I can't find it in my manuals either. More than likely I discovered it on the Behringer forums (they broke it horribly with the new version, so I don't/can't participate any more)

Simplest thing to do is open the 'Controller Assignments' window, select 'Modifiers' in the Zone column, 'Shift' in the Mode column, then read the 'Control' and 'Parameter' values.
yeah, there it is.
just also tried using the 'user modes' and learning stuff, assigning the v-pots - well, this is not as easy as i thought, it overwrites other functions, moves into other zones - have to look a bit more into this.

Anyway, this SC mode alone is really cool. I'm using the original, non-pro MCU.
Attached Thumbnails
Considering X-touch One to use with Logic Pro X-controller_assignments.jpg  
Old 4th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurizio.dececco View Post
No, i checked it :->, i used the Logic Pro preference panel, Automation tab, i switched On "Automation Quick Access", clicked on learn and moved the slider in Master mode.

I wans't sure it could works or if it could interact with the MCU mode, but at the end it worked just fine.

Maurizio

Could you please explain in detail how do you correctly map the slider in Master mode for Automation Quick Access? I tried assigning it many times but it seems to work only when I go to preferences and "learn" it everytime, so it will not work otherwise. Is there a way to make it default or easily activated to any current automation in screen?

I'm using the X Touch One in MCU Pro setup. Logic Pro X 10.5.1
Old 7th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgePabloT View Post
Could you please explain in detail how do you correctly map the slider in Master mode for Automation Quick Access? I tried assigning it many times but it seems to work only when I go to preferences and "learn" it everytime, so it will not work otherwise. Is there a way to make it default or easily activated to any current automation in screen?

I'm using the X Touch One in MCU Pro setup. Logic Pro X 10.5.1
I must admit i did it once, and not really used after that occasion.

I'll check and report

Maurizio
📝 Reply