The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro X 10.4.6 Bugs
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Head

Logic Pro X 10.4.6 Bugs

I'd like to collect in this post all known bugs of LPX 10.4.6.

I've just find out a new one: if you edit a region (with marquee tool or scissors) and cut it in grid, audio gets moved forward (or backward! it's totally random!) in time by 1 sample. It happens with SMPTE lock as well.

Say goodbye to your mix phase alignments.

EDIT:
it also happens if you use the trim tool at the start of the region.
Old 17th July 2019
Gear Head

I feel the new update much more stable!
Old 18th July 2019
Here for the gear

1 - If I add a new track and choose a software instrument (Alchemy), after I confirm, it immediately opens the piano roll. Not sure if this is intentional but I didn't have it until 10.4.4 and it now continues with the new versions.

2 - If I add a new track and choose a software instrument (Alchemy) in that dialog, the library browser will only stay open on that instrument's options until I select another track. After this, if I reselect that software track, the basic directory with everything in it and nothing selected shows instead of the library directory within that software instrument at the current selected patch. I expect the library browser to show the Alchemy specific patch choices when I return to that track.

3 - If adding a drummer, resize the region to 1/4 of a bar, then hit the + to the right of the region and resize that next region to 1/4 of a bar, then hit the + one more time an it should fail, creating a super tiny region on top of the start of the second region.
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Head

Autosave do not recall Kontakt libraries (Kontakt 6.1.1) but the last saved state.
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Head

"Create track" command using CTRL+T or right click from the inspector doesn’t work anymore since 10.4.5 (it has been partially fixed in 10.4.6)
Old 23rd July 2019
Gear Head

Importing multiple sends from another project results in a blank slot - usually the first one You can see send value but you can't change it (and you don't know bus number). Closing and reopening the session fixes it.
Old 24th July 2019
Gear Head

Renaming multiple tracks in the mixer doesn't work anymore (broken in 10.4.5).
Workaround: try renaming using right click.
Old 26th July 2019
Here for the gear

I'm saving projects/templates without the "open only plugins needed for playback" option checked, yet the projects are still opening with some virtual instruments plugins greyed out. And selecting the track and playing something on a midi keyboard doesn't trigger them to load for some reason.

Also, if you click the virtual instrument to load it, start playing something on that track, and then use the capture feature (without recording) to capture your performance, the midi region is greyed out without being track or region muted.

Am I missing something?!
Old 26th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm saving projects/templates without the "open only plugins needed for playback" option checked, yet the projects are still opening with some virtual instruments plugins greyed out. And selecting the track and playing something on a midi keyboard doesn't trigger them to load for some reason.

Also, if you click the virtual instrument to load it, start playing something on that track, and then use the capture feature (without recording) to capture your performance, the midi region is greyed out without being track or region muted.

Am I missing something?!
Are you sure you’re not opening projects with frozen tracks in it. A frozen track should have a region somewhere, though, you should see something...

KA
Old 26th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Trecarichi View Post
Renaming multiple tracks in the mixer doesn't work anymore (broken in 10.4.5).
Workaround: try renaming using right click.
You mean by pressing "tab"?

This works fine for me...

Also: Creating a new Track is not CRTL+T . It´s ALT+Command+N by default. Of course, you could have changed this but it´s not a bug, since this works just fine. One also was never supposed to create a track by right-clicking in inspector. It was always meant to be done in the main project window.

Always check if it´s not just your current project or template. It might, for whatever reason be just corrupted..

Not saying you don´t have problems but this thread doesn´t make any sense.
Old 27th July 2019
It still doesn't make me coffee!
Old 28th July 2019
Lives for gear

If you alt click and drag a plugin the mixer to copy it, it's always copying the wrong plugin.

Often the bypass button on the top left of the plugin is 'confused' and doesn't show the correct state.

Inserting new instrument using the + button or on a new project, if I choose e.g Kontakt, it ends up inserting the Logic piano...
Old 28th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Am I missing something?!
Yeah, sometimes I'm confused as to what constitutes 'needed for playback'. Because it's inconsistent.

I'm mainly working with projects that were created before 10.4.6.
Old 29th July 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcello View Post
You mean by pressing "tab"?

This works fine for me...

Also: Creating a new Track is not CRTL+T . It´s ALT+Command+N by default. Of course, you could have changed this but it´s not a bug, since this works just fine. One also was never supposed to create a track by right-clicking in inspector. It was always meant to be done in the main project window.

Always check if it´s not just your current project or template. It might, for whatever reason be just corrupted..

Not saying you don´t have problems but this thread doesn´t make any sense.
I've been using Logic for more than 18 years, just to clarify I'm no noob.

with "Create a track" I meant adding to the arrange a track you can only find in the mixer (i.e. an Aux channel)

maybe you didn't know, but you could automatically rename multiple tracks at once with descending numbers (Vox 1, Vox 2, Vox 3 etc) just selecting them all and renaming the first one adding a number at the end. this feature is now broken.

all this happens with my template / with a blank session both on my 2 machines.

maybe this thread doesn't make any sense to you, but it hopefully does for someone else.
Old 30th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
maybe this thread doesn't make any sense to you, but hopefully it does for someone else.
I´m sorry for misunderstanding but it wasn´t clear to me that you were referring to very specific type of track.

I honestly didn´t know that one could create an aux track in the arrange window . I always do this in the mixer window and than make it visible in the arrange window by "create track" but within the mixer window. (Which btw. still works for me by pressing CTRL+N and then right-click aux channel or ctrl - T)
Old 30th July 2019
Gear Head

As always Logic lets you do thing in different manners.
When you assign a bus to a track, it creates a corresponding Aux Return.
Let's say you want to automate a parameter of that aux return, you need the aux to be in the arrange window.
There are multiple ways to do it: CTRL+T, right click and "Create Track", click on the "Read" automation button.
Me, I used the right click from the inspector, so I don't have to open the mixer window and I can access the aux return just clicking on the bus slot, but it doesn't work anymore. I switched to the "read button" option, but that's not the solution, it's a workaround.

Same applies to the multiple bugs Logic has and always had (like the infamous automation bug and all the ADC related broken features Apple never solved): there's always a workaround if you know Logic, but having an app (every app) working properly is something both consumer and professional users would expect.
Old 30th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Me, I used the right click from the inspector, so I don't have to open the mixer window and I can access the aux return just clicking on the bus slot, but it doesn't work anymore. I switched to the "read button" option, but that's not the solution, it's a workaround.

Ok, i checked this after you told me...It works here. At least the right-click option. Create Aux by enabling a send then right-click in the inspector. CTRL+T doesn´t work though...
Old 30th July 2019
Quote:
but having an app (every app) working properly is something both consumer and professional users would expect.
You should tell that to just about every software company out there..
Old 31st July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

I've just find out a new one: if you edit a region (with marquee tool or scissors) and cut it in grid, audio gets moved forward (or backward! it's totally random!) in time by 1 sample. It happens with SMPTE lock as well.

EDIT:
Does this definitely affect the audio and not just a visual thing?

I'm not sure how this would be allowed to go out, or perhaps an immediate rush to fix it, if it were the case?
Old 31st July 2019
Gear Nut

To Alex:

Hopefully you are collecting all the bugs noted here and sending them to Logic Feedback...?
Old 31st July 2019
Here for the gear

I wish they had a public ticketing system so we could know what issues are already being addressed to prevent unnecessarily wasting our time re-writing duplicative issues.

The current throw a coin into a well and make a wish system is just silly to me.
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

EDIT:
Is this effected, by chance, with whatever setting you have on a smart snap?
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS View Post
To Alex:

Hopefully you are collecting all the bugs noted here and sending them to Logic Feedback...?
I've been already contacted by Apple a few days ago and sent them my support profile and a session where those issues happen.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Is this effected, by chance, with whatever setting you have on a smart snap?
Uhm have to check this one
Old 3rd August 2019
wm9
Here for the gear

- CoreMIDI always fails to initialize in the first boot, have to close Logic and open it again every time.

- KORG nanokontrol 2 support is partially restored. It will work on the first boot in which coreMIDI works. After that, if I close Logic and open it again, it is not recognized. Have to delete the .cs config file and open and reopen logic every time.
Old 5th August 2019
My list:
  1. Mouse scroll wheel (equivalent on Apple Magic Mouse 2) and click and drag to change project tempo does not work. Have to use the double click and enter a value option.
  2. The 'Undo' function on Klomplete Kontrol appears to delete the current preset/instrument on the Komplete Kontrol screen, although the VST is still loaded in Logic and if you play a key on KK the same preset or instrument still plays. If you click onto another track in Logic and back to the KK track, the KK screen shows the preset again.
Old 5th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
My list:
  1. Mouse scroll wheel (equivalent on Apple Magic Mouse 2) and click and drag to change project tempo does not work. Have to use the double click and enter a value option.
Working here for me with a magic trackpad, mate. Tap and scroll
Old 5th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Working here for me with a magic trackpad, mate. Tap and scroll
Weird.. I have Magic Trackpad, so will give that a go. But was all working normally with the same set up before 10.4.5.
Old 7th August 2019
Here for the gear

Automation with the knobs on Komplete Kontrol Mk2 Keyboards no longer works. Moving the knobs affect the parameters, but putting logic into 'latch' or 'touch' mode to record the movements does not register as automation.

Maybe this is a Native Instrumennts bug, but seems to be linked to this version of Logic. NI, logic - speak to each other, this is quite a biggie for me...
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Addict

I'm having an issue at the moment where Chord Trigger randomly stops outputting midi and just selects and holds a bunch of random notes. No amount of clicking around gets it going again. Removing the plugin and reinstating doesnt work either. Closing the session and reopening doesn't work either. Then it will randomly start outputting notes again but keeps all these random notes held down and highlighted on the GUI... super annoying
Attached Thumbnails
Logic Pro X 10.4.6 Bugs-screen-shot-2019-08-08-6.28.21-pm-1.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search