The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Screenshare Logic with Audio
Old 7th July 2019
Here for the gear

Screenshare Logic with Audio

How can I screenshare Logic with audio?

For example, I share my screen with you, Logic is open, I push the play button, and you can hear everything. Then, you can tell me “adjust track two -4db” and when I do that, you can hear that change instantly.
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Better yet, have the person listening remotely move the faders/add EQ/add plugins to their liking (if they're a mixer). I've just started remote mixing in the past week and it works great. I'm in northern California and I have a client I mix for in L.A. Mindblowing for me. You'll need two separate apps to do this.

All the usual remote desktop/conferencing apps do not output mix-quality audio. They may take your system audio but not whats coming off your interface. Plenty good for spoken word but not what we need as music mixers.

App one - Teamviewer. Free for non-commercial use. Lets me operate the remote DAW. No sound output.

App two - Audiomovers. https://audiomovers.com There are several companies doing this but this is least expensive. Free one week trial and inexpensive after that.
24 bit audio over the net with about 100ms latency. Totally usable. Insert the plugin in last slot of your 2 bus. It will then give you a url for your remote listener/mixer to listen to.

We maintain a cell phone connection while mixing for comments/direction, etc .......

More wild times for audio in the 21st century. Wow.
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeka View Post
Better yet, have the person listening remotely move the faders/add EQ/add plugins to their liking (if they're a mixer). I've just started remote mixing in the past week and it works great. I'm in northern California and I have a client I mix for in L.A. Mindblowing for me. You'll need two separate apps to do this.

All the usual remote desktop/conferencing apps do not output mix-quality audio. They may take your system audio but not whats coming off your interface. Plenty good for spoken word but not what we need as music mixers.

App one - Teamviewer. Free for non-commercial use. Lets me operate the remote DAW. No sound output.

App two - Audiomovers. https://audiomovers.com There are several companies doing this but this is least expensive. Free one week trial and inexpensive after that.
24 bit audio over the net with about 100ms latency. Totally usable. Insert the plugin in last slot of your 2 bus. It will then give you a url for your remote listener/mixer to listen to.

We maintain a cell phone connection while mixing for comments/direction, etc .......

More wild times for audio in the 21st century. Wow.
so on iphone would you use Browser to access this ?? i do not see on their website App Store Link .. only Google ..

thank you .. this looks like a good replacement for NiceCast !!!
Old 7th July 2019
Here for the gear

I downloaded Audiomovers and ran the installer with the install location as "Macintosh HD". I don't see it in Applications folder. Where is it?
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
so on iphone would you use Browser to access this ?? i do not see on their website App Store Link .. only Google ..
If I'm understanding your question correctly you probably could though I'm not sure that's best. I open a browser then hide that window on my Mac for listening to the 24 bit audio through my I/O. All I want to see on my desktop is the remote DAW.

Hope I answered your question?
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by APE View Post
I downloaded Audiomovers and ran the installer with the install location as "Macintosh HD". I don't see it in Applications folder. Where is it?
Look in your plugins folder.
Old 7th July 2019
Here for the gear

Sorry, I can't find it yet. Can you please help me?

I did a Spotlight search for "plugins" and found about 15 folders with that name. I looked at all of them but none of them had Audiomovers.
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry, I can't find it yet. Can you please help me?

I did a Spotlight search for "plugins" and found about 15 folders with that name. I looked at all of them but none of them had Audiomovers.
Audiomovers is the company. "listennto" is the plugin name (see installer).

Spotlight is not the best for finding things. Open your DAW and look for the plugin t in its plugins folder.

Plugin should be instantiated as last plug on your 2 bus. It will generate a URL that you email/text to your client who will then be able to listen off of your DAW.
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
If I'm understanding your question correctly you probably could though I'm not sure that's best. I open a browser then hide that window on my Mac for listening to the 24 bit audio through my I/O. All I want to see on my desktop is the remote DAW.

Hope I answered your question?
well, let me make this simpler ... is there an App for iPhone ?? as there is one for Andriod .. or would i need to use a Browser on my iPhone for this ???

thank you
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
well, let me make this simpler ... is there an App for iPhone ?? as there is one for Andriod .. or would i need to use a Browser on my iPhone for this ???

thank you
Exactly what do you want to use the iPhone for? Operating the remote DAW?
Or just listening to the audio?

You'll be able to listen using any browser on the phone. Not sure there's a Teamviewer app for iOS to enable remote control of the DAW. Check their website. I don't know the answer to that.

Hope this helps.
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Exactly what do you want to use the iPhone for? Operating the remote DAW?
Or just listening to the audio?

You'll be able to listen using any browser on the phone. Not sure there's a Teamviewer app for iOS to enable remote control of the DAW. Check their website. I don't know the answer to that.

Hope this helps.
just listening .. i used to use Nicecast to toss up a mix, broadcast it, dial in with my iPhone and take a bike ride ... and then send that link to client !!

thank you for the info .. awesome !!!

cheers john
Old 7th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Look in your plugins folder.

Quote:
Audiomovers is the company. "listennto" is the plugin name (see installer).

Spotlight is not the best for finding things. Open your DAW and look for the plugin t in its plugins folder.

Plugin should be instantiated as last plug on your 2 bus. It will generate a URL that you email/text to your client who will then be able to listen off of your DAW.
Oh! I don't know my 2 bus! Where is that?

After I restarted Logic, in Preferences > Plug In Manager > Audiomovers, is Listento and Listento Receiver, so that's good.

Now about the 2 bus. What is that? This is probably more of a question about Logic or general Audio Production. I don't know.
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Oh! I don't know my 2 bus! Where is that?

After I restarted Logic, in Preferences > Plug In Manager > Audiomovers, is Listento and Listento Receiver, so that's good.

Now about the 2 bus. What is that? This is probably more of a question about Logic or general Audio Production. I don't know.
here are a couple pictures for you ... your Stereo Output is Your 2 Bus ... might be called things like this - 2 Track Master/ 2 Bus / Stereo Master / Stereo Output ..
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshare Logic with Audio-screen-shot-2019-07-07-1.45.36-pm.jpg   Screenshare Logic with Audio-screen-shot-2019-07-07-1.45.55-pm.jpg  
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Just to be clear - unless you're going to be overdubbing or capturing audio from the remote DAW you do not need the ListenTo Receiver app.

For remote mixing: at the DAW end you'll need the two apps mentioned above, Teamviewer and the ListenTo plugin.
At the other end for remote listening/operation, all you need is a browser and Teamviewer. No need for the ListenTo plug.
And if it's an 'attended' mix session you can have multiple people listening via browser only and commenting via phone.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search