The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Maschine plugin as sound source in Logic?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Maschine plugin as sound source in Logic?

I got the NI Komplete update recently in part because of curiosity about the material in the Maschine packs. I'm liking quite a few things in there, but having a hard time figuring out how to use Maschine in Logic just as a sound source. I have no interest in getting the Machine hardware etc., just interesting in getting working in some of the sounds, etc.

I've read up some and seen a number of videos showing workflows, but it all seems very clunky and full of workarounds. Anyone use these Maschine packs just triggering from a keyboard and have a way of doing it that's working for you?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by *$%($*(@!! View Post
I got the NI Komplete update recently in part because of curiosity about the material in the Maschine packs. I'm liking quite a few things in there, but having a hard time figuring out how to use Maschine in Logic just as a sound source. I have no interest in getting the Machine hardware etc., just interesting in getting working in some of the sounds, etc.

I've read up some and seen a number of videos showing workflows, but it all seems very clunky and full of workarounds. Anyone use these Maschine packs just triggering from a keyboard and have a way of doing it that's working for you?
Plenty of youtube video's out there regarding work flow if you don't have the hardware, but like u say, a bit clunky, none 100% ideal but that's just the way NI have designed Maschine.

i've set it up in the past, wasn't simple but it worked, ideally once you get it all set up save it as a project file in Logic X so you don't have to go through it all again next time.

NI should integrate a DAW mode that works the way everyone is requesting online.

Not sure about the expansions or Maschine packs though sorry, just have the basic install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OAso99NpN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PBpblSemXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y0tvPJAIhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX2QBWQWEJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frK4B-fHWoI
Old 1 week ago
I believe all the maschine kits (if you have the maschine expansions) are available as battery4 kits aswell, if you dont need the sequencer and shizzle. Saves CPU aswell
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you’re mostly interested in the sounds, i’d also suggest loading the kits in battery as others have stated. Then do a deep dive in customizing the pads using the controller editor to use in midi mode.

I spent a lot of time creating a maschine logic template, but ultimately determined it was too much of a pain in the azz to use.

Personally, my MK3 has become a $500 transport controller for logic.
Old 1 week ago
Is it the drum packs that you're interested in? Or other sounds?

If the drum packs, I would say just grab a Maschine Mikro so you can get the real benefit from the software.

I went through a journey of:
  1. Maschine Studio - didn't get on with it, and it felt redundant to Logic and NI Battery so, sold it.
  2. Then realised I missed the drum library - so tried messing around with Logic, a Midi keyboard and the Maschine software and got it to work, but it was limiting and frustrating.
  3. So, then decided to pick up a Mikro (v1) - that made a big improvement and I rocked with that for a number of months. But by now I'd sorted out a good set up with Logic and then was using more control features in Maschine, to the point that the constant menu diving and need to do something in the software with a mouse, got frustrating. So sold that.
  4. And ended up buying another new Studio. Now I love it, although I only do drums in it really (maybe the odd bit of sampling or other sounds). Even still for getting my drum groove just the way I want it, it's perfect.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks all! Chris Brown thanks for those videos, I had seen some of those, but others I had not and really helpful!

I'm interested in getting access to a lot of the sounds in the expansions, not just drums, and want to work just in the daw, using the material (expansions etc) as sound sources within Logic, I use Studio One and Cubase as well now and then as needed, but mostly write in Logic. The way it is set up now doesn't really seem suited to that task.

As Chris mentioned, looks like what I would need is a daw-centric version of Maschine software to be released. But would love to hear if anyone is working that way and happy with their solution!
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Daw-Centric thumbs up here too.

ATM I just audition sounds in Maschine and then drag and drop them into the logic project. It's basically a glorified portal for loops and samples, maybe this is the way they will take it now anyway what with Sounds.com integration etc. It is very useful in that way _ i've actually started cataloguing all my 3rd party loops with it because I like the workflow so much...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search