The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic bounces audio so quiet
Old 3rd July 2019
Here for the gear

Logic bounces audio so quiet

For the life of me, I can't figure out why logic pro keeps bouncing my wav files much quieter then they sound in the mix. I dont want to turn up the gain too much because that would ruin the quality.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a good mastering technique?

I cant compete with other music when mine is so quiet
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Head

Mastering is very difficult to learn. Loudness is most of the time in the mix. The right sounds together, good mixing then mastering. Watch some videos from Musictechhelpguy on youtube. Took me years to achieve a good loud final result.
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Head

There are easy dirty methods too, limiter etc. but if the mix is not right you might not be pleased with the result. Again just search on youtube. Can’t give advice here in a few sentences.
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Head

Another thing: turn of NORMALIZE in the bounce section.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Maybe Normalize is on and some where the audio is too loud.
Old 16th August 2019
Here for the gear

preciate yall

Normalize is off.

Yea, I've been at this for years and it seems like a code I cant seem to crack.
Old 17th August 2019
Here for the gear

I might have had a similar issue recently, where when I literally replayed my bounce in quicktime, and switch between playing that and my version in Logic, my bounce was way quieter.

I think what was happening is that I didn't understand exactly the formats I was bouncing to, and someone can call me out on this if I am wrong, but I think we need to dither to the format we are targeting.

Basically, I was completely good on formats that were uncompressed, but anything that was compressed was crushing the sound.

If that's what you are talking about, I can commiserate.
Old 19th August 2019
Here for the gear

Ballzless mix recordings and Master bounces!

Can't figure out this level bounce issue! When I record outputs of the Symphony i/o and 2Bus to a Track to bounce as final mix, NO BALLS. I Send various tracks to separate aux outputs, Send the auxs to a print bus/aux, send that to a track to record. Although mixer levels have meat visually, the file recorded, and consequently the Master bounced afterwards is ALWAYS thin. Even with Master bus plugins.

Any thoughts as to what Ive been missing all this time? Music sounds full before recording/bouncing the mix! I tried to be as specific as I could, because the forum discussions go everywhere. Funny thing is, before I got this expensive ****, Loudness was never an issue. Just my lack of experience with EQ and compression.
Thnx
Boe
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe Brown View Post
Can't figure out this level bounce issue! When I record outputs of the Symphony i/o and 2Bus to a Track to bounce as final mix, NO BALLS. I Send various tracks to separate aux outputs, Send the auxs to a print bus/aux, send that to a track to record. Although mixer levels have meat visually, the file recorded, and consequently the Master bounced afterwards is ALWAYS thin. Even with Master bus plugins.

Any thoughts as to what Ive been missing all this time? Music sounds full before recording/bouncing the mix! I tried to be as specific as I could, because the forum discussions go everywhere. Funny thing is, before I got this expensive ****, Loudness was never an issue. Just my lack of experience with EQ and compression.
Thnx
Boe
Have you tried rendering the mix offline as opposed to recording it? Command-B etc.
Old 20th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713sound View Post
For the life of me, I can't figure out why logic pro keeps bouncing my wav files much quieter then they sound in the mix. I dont want to turn up the gain too much because that would ruin the quality.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a good mastering technique?

I cant compete with other music when mine is so quiet
You say the bounces are quieter...are your channels going into the red in the mix?
Old 26th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal View Post
You say the bounces are quieter...are your channels going into the red in the mix?
Yes it goes into the red. Is that the issue?
Old 29th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713sound View Post
Yes it goes into the red. Is that the issue?
Probably, since any peaks above 0 dB would either be clipped off or, if the normalise function is activated in the Bounce dialogue, cause the audio to be turned down until the loudest peak is at 0 dB.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search