The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New iMac Install, Samples Already on External SSD via Alias Folders
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

New iMac Install, Samples Already on External SSD via Alias Folders

I wanted to ask for suggestions/instructions before I attempt an install of LPX on my new CPU.

10.4.X introduced the official ability to install or move the sound library onto an external drive. Like many of us I did it prior with alias folders. Three questions:

1. On my "old" CPU, is it possible to remove the alias folders and give Logic the location to the samples without reinstalling them?

2. On the new CPU, similarly, how do I give Logic the location without reinstalling the samples?

3. I came across instructions for moving the samples and noticed this: "You can't share a Sound Library between Mac computers. If you have more than one Mac running Logic Pro or MainStage, each Mac needs its own Sound Library." Can anyone clarify? Can I use the same SSD but need 2 sets of the samples? Will 2 copies on the same SSD suffice?

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search