The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic Pro 9/Skype and Soundflower help!
Old 26th June 2019
Here for the gear

Logic Pro 9/Skype and Soundflower help!

Hi guys,

I'm using Logic 9 on a Mac Pro (2009) and need to record a voiceover with the client able to listen in and add direction via Skype. I've looked around a lot on google but I still can't figure out how to do this. I have an Audient ID14 interface with talkback mic going into Input 1 and my main recording mic going into Input 2.

The talkback mic routing is already set up through my Audient ID software so I basically just need to have the logic session and all audio from that session pumped out into Skype as I work, along with the client's directions from skype pumped into Logic so my self and the voiceover artist can hear it.

I am expecting to use the sound flower option but I just can't work it out adding aggregate devices and multi-output devices.

Would really appreciate some help.

Dylan
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Maniac

In 2008 I used to use https://rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

1 client streaming would not lag out.

Also used Audio Hyjack instead of Soundflower
https://rogueamoeba.com/store/

Soundsource look like a cool mixer too.
Old 28th June 2019
Lives for gear
I also, have to do this at times.
Was recently having trouble with Soundflower (strange issues related to clocking as well as other problems) and got rig of it and now use Source Nexus (the paid one). It has lots of flexibility and is very reliable.
Old 28th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
I also, have to do this at times.
Was recently having trouble with Soundflower (strange issues related to clocking as well as other problems) and got rig of it and now use Source Nexus (the paid one). It has lots of flexibility and is very reliable.

Was a very long time ago but iirc I would use ventrilo when soundflower bugged out. Maybe OBS would be a good solution since they added ASIO plugin.
Lots of real time routing options for audio, includes video with scenes and can record many audio or video file types. Open source too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search