The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Nothing displayed in Mixer Window??
Old 20th June 2019
  #1
Gear Head
 

Nothing displayed in Mixer Window??

Hey all,

I just recently updated Logic to 10.4.5 and since then I've noticed that my Mixer window just randomly disappears. For instance, I will open a project and the mixer window is there with my track, then some short time after I will pull it up again and none of my tracks will be there. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the recent update but I haven't experienced this issue before. Please see screen shot of what I mean by the mixer window not being there.

Is anyone experiencing this as well or might have any advice?

My computer details are below.

MacBook Pro 10.14.5
Mojave
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Attached Thumbnails
Nothing displayed in Mixer Window??-image-6-20-19-6.03-am.jpg  
Old 20th June 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFunkFunkEra View Post
Hey all,

I just recently updated Logic to 10.4.5 and since then I've noticed that my Mixer window just randomly disappears. For instance, I will open a project and the mixer window is there with my track, then some short time after I will pull it up again and none of my tracks will be there. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the recent update but I haven't experienced this issue before. Please see screen shot of what I mean by the mixer window not being there.

Is anyone experiencing this as well or might have any advice?

My computer details are below.

MacBook Pro 10.14.5
Mojave
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
I noticed that's a project your just starting because it only has 1 audio track.
Can you zip post that project, I'd like to take a look at that.
Old 20th June 2019
  #3
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValliSoftware View Post
I noticed that's a project your just starting because it only has 1 audio track.
Can you zip post that project, I'd like to take a look at that.
Hi,

Not exactly sure what you mean by Zip post the project, sorry.

I just opened another project with multiple track that I wanted to work on and again the mixer window shows no channels.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Nothing displayed in Mixer Window??-image-6-20-19-7.26-am.jpg  
Old 20th June 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Zip up your Logic Project and posted on this thread so I can download it and look at it.
Old 21st June 2019
  #5
Here for the gear
 
diburrup's Avatar
Same Here...

OS: 10.13.6

I had a session yesterday after the upgrade the day before. SAME issue, No Mixer, just blank, see my screenshot, just like GFunkFunkEra. I tried 5 files, all missing the mixer. It's a global problem.

Today, I opened a 6th file, it was there. Closed and opened another, gone. Went back to the 6th file, gone again. It's not there for any file I try now.

It is also not showing the individual channel mixer with the output channel to the left. This is really problematic!

2) I also tried to add a 2nd drummer track in a song after this update which has always worked fine in the past. It loaded the default drummer. As soon a I switched to a different drummer, blank audio tracks and no sound.

Thanks for ANY help with this... May have to roll back the previous version if I can figure out how to do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Nothing displayed in Mixer Window??-screen-shot-2019-06-21-7.16.58-am.jpg   Nothing displayed in Mixer Window??-drummer-tracks-10.4.5.jpg  
Old 21st June 2019
  #6
Here for the gear
 
diburrup's Avatar
I've rebooted the machine and the mixer is there now and the drummer track is working also. Whew. I know this is usually always the first thing we do, but I forgot yesterday...
Old 21st June 2019
  #7
Gear Addict
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diburrup View Post
I've rebooted the machine and the mixer is there now and the drummer track is working also. Whew. I know this is usually always the first thing we do, but I forgot yesterday...
Yes, the "disappearing mixer" in 10.4.5 is happening to a fair amount of people, including me. Closing and re-opening Logic usually fixes it. The developers have been made aware of it.
Old 23rd June 2019
  #8
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diburrup View Post
I've rebooted the machine and the mixer is there now and the drummer track is working also. Whew. I know this is usually always the first thing we do, but I forgot yesterday...
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been experiencing this. I've had several other problems after updating Logic smh.

I will start a new project and the mixer window/channels will all be there. After working on that same sessions for awhile the mixer windows and channels will just randomly disappear. Then I'll quit and either reopen the same project or a new one and it'll be gone. I found that I am having to quit Logic and reopen it when this occurs just so I can see the mixer window ... Then the problem repeats itself.

I love Logic but this is ridiculous.
Old 23rd June 2019
  #9
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Yes, the "disappearing mixer" in 10.4.5 is happening to a fair amount of people, including me. Closing and re-opening Logic usually fixes it. The developers have been made aware of it.
Yes I close and reopen Logic and it works temporally. I hope the Logic team comes up with a fix asap.
Old 23rd June 2019
  #10
Gear Addict
 
Jay Asher's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFunkFunkEra View Post
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been experiencing this. I've had several other problems after updating Logic smh.

I will start a new project and the mixer window/channels will all be there. After working on that same sessions for awhile the mixer windows and channels will just randomly disappear. Then I'll quit and either reopen the same project or a new one and it'll be gone. I found that I am having to quit Logic and reopen it when this occurs just so I can see the mixer window ... Then the problem repeats itself.

I love Logic but this is ridiculous.
It’s not ridiculous, it happens with ALL DAWs with significant updates, which this is, that things slip through the cracks and get broken. The developers are aware of it and I expect it won’t be long before it is fixed.
Old 23rd June 2019
  #11
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
It’s not ridiculous, it happens with ALL DAWs with significant updates, which this is, that things slip through the cracks and get broken. The developers are aware of it and I expect it won’t be long before it is fixed.
Yeah that's true. Pretty big thing not being able to see the mixer window though. Hope they fix it real soon.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump