The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic 10.4.5 And My Plugins
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Head

Logic 10.4.5 And My Plugins

Hello I'm still on OS Sierra 10.12.6. Logic 10.4.5 needs OS Mojave. Here Are two screen shots of my effects plugins and instruments plugin. Would like to know if all or most of these will work.
Thanks for your help
Vic
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 10.4.5 And My Plugins-screen-shot-2019-06-13-2.52.30-pm.jpg   Logic 10.4.5 And My Plugins-screen-shot-2019-06-13-2.53.20-pm.png  
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Addict

It needs high sierra bro
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Head

Thanks! I thought Logic 10.4.5 needs Mojave.
Vic
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear
I have quite a few plugins and there's not a single one that worked in Sierra/High Sierra that doesn't work in Mojave. When you eventually have to do it, don't worry, Mojave is a pretty painless jump. Hell, it's the first Mac OS update in ages that actually had a useful new feature for me. Dark mode is awesome with Logic! No more blinding lights when working late and I have to access something in finder.
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Guru

i just did high sierra update on macbook pro and am doing it on macpro right now .. do not have the money to spend for an updated Graphics Card so i can run Mojave .. when i find one cheap .. and then the PCI harddrive upgrade ..

macbook pro seems fine so far ...

and i try to keep the MacPro and Macbook Pro exactly the same so i have a backup for each .. same apps, samples, etc .. so for now Mojave will have to wait
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
I have quite a few plugins and there's not a single one that worked in Sierra/High Sierra that doesn't work in Mojave. When you eventually have to do it, don't worry, Mojave is a pretty painless jump. Hell, it's the first Mac OS update in ages that actually had a useful new feature for me. Dark mode is awesome with Logic! No more blinding lights when working late and I have to access something in finder.
Thanks for the info! I'll probably do it this weekend, I have a raid of two SSD's that I need to undo first.
Vic
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i just did high sierra update on macbook pro and am doing it on macpro right now .. do not have the money to spend for an updated Graphics Card so i can run Mojave .. when i find one cheap .. and then the PCI harddrive upgrade ..

and i try to keep the MacPro and Macbook Pro exactly the same so i have a backup for each .. same apps, samples, etc .. so for now Mojave will have to wait
Thanks for the info. I'll try to do it this weekend, I have a raid of SSD's that I need to undo first.
Vic
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll try to do it this weekend, I have a raid of SSD's that I need to undo first.
Vic
i went for it and took my Macbook Pro to Mojave .. so far so good .. QMaster was the only program that the install told me would not work ..

logic works, even pro tools works, .. but Logic runs better for Me here !! right now !!

played around with some electric guitar recording.. strat, ZOD DI, Babyface Pro XLR input .. Amp Designer - and had was having a good feeling pretty quick .. 64 samples 24/48 feels good !! ... snappy ...
Old 21st June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
i went for it and took my Macbook Pro to Mojave .. so far so good .. QMaster was the only program that the install told me would not work ..

logic works, even pro tools works, .. but Logic runs better for Me here !! right now !!

played around with some electric guitar recording.. strat, ZOD DI, Babyface Pro XLR input .. Amp Designer - and had was having a good feeling pretty quick .. 64 samples 24/48 feels good !! ... snappy ...
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
V
Old 21st June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:

found a cheap one on amazon. comes flashed to work w/apple. $199. works fine. haven't installed mojave though. gonna wait until everything is clear w/the most recent update. the card is the same as the apple one but doesn't say "Mac Version" on it. but it's the same card. they just flash the firmware for mac and that's that. no need to spend $600 or whatever.

EVGA GeForce GTX680 2GB GDDR5 DisplayPort DVI-I, DVI-D HDMI Graphics Card for Mac 02G-P4-3682-KR

the seller i bought it from is superinnovation LLC. delivered quickly and works w/no problem on my 2010 Mac

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...tronics&sr=1-1
Old 22nd June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular_8 View Post
found a cheap one on amazon. comes flashed to work w/apple. $199. works fine. haven't installed mojave though. gonna wait until everything is clear w/the most recent update. the card is the same as the apple one but doesn't say "Mac Version" on it. but it's the same card. they just flash the firmware for mac and that's that. no need to spend $600 or whatever.

EVGA GeForce GTX680 2GB GDDR5 DisplayPort DVI-I, DVI-D HDMI Graphics Card for Mac 02G-P4-3682-KR

the seller i bought it from is superinnovation LLC. delivered quickly and works w/no problem on my 2010 Mac

Good deal, Congratulations!
Old 22nd June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular_8 View Post

thank you thank you !!

it looks like it comes with the proper Power Cables .. may i ask, did yours come fully ready out of the box ?? cables, all that jazz ??

looking at my options for taking this computer as far as it will go ...

199.00 graphics card OR for 99.00(http://www.macvidcards.com/store/p80..._630_2_GB.html)

189.00 ram upgrade to tri 48gb 3x16gb .. (currently have 24gb - 3x 8gb)

47.00 PCIe SSD card adapter and use my Crucial SSD boot that i use now OR

with a 512gb PCIe SSD for 59.00(1TB is 99.00) and card adapter 45.00

about 400.00 as it stands on the low end and about 533.00 on the high end .. 783.00 if you factor in the extra Blade Drives below ..

and .. i could add another 2 blade card and start moving my sample drives over to 2x 1TB blades and a card adapter !!! thats another 250.00 !!!

SSD's that have been around a long time now .. and i have had 2 of them not show up on desktop of say it have been ejected (yes, internal SSD drive)

where does it stop SLutz !! oh, yeah that would be about as far as i need for audio production .. and it would be enough to deal with the little amount of video i need to ..

now back on track !!!

cheers john
Old 22nd June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
thank you thank you !!

it looks like it comes with the proper Power Cables .. may i ask, did yours come fully ready out of the box ?? cables, all that jazz ??

cheers john
yes. completely ready. nothing to do except remove the old one and install the new one. plug and play.

the windows and apple cards are same except for the firmware.. so this guy just flashes the card w/the apple firmware and that's that.

i have the 2010 mac so it's ready to go whenever i want to install mojave and get on that rollercoaster.

worth mentioning it's possible to install mojave on older non-supported macs by doing some hacking but it looks like a bit of a pita.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search