The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Inputs not accessible for recording
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

Inputs not accessible for recording

Two weeks ago the OS of my MacBook crashed and I had to install Logic Pro X on my reformatted hard disk. When I push the record button I get the message that the inputs are not accessible for recording and that I can fix this in preferences -> security & privacy. When I open preferences this option is nowhere to be seen.

Does any of you know what's going on?
Attached Thumbnails
Inputs not accessible for recording-_dsc5030.jpg   Inputs not accessible for recording-_dsc5031.jpg  
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear

it’s telling you to enable it in your SYSTEM prefs, not Logic’s prefs.

i hope this helps!
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

Thanks! The messages don't appear anymore.

But Logic X still doesn't detect the audio inputs of my Fireface although it recognizes it as an audio device. The headphone output on the Fireface is also dead but the stereo outputs on channels 1 & 2 are working.
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

Did a few experiments. Only when allowing Logic X access tot the microphone I can record with my Api a2d using the spdif connection on the Fireface. The Fireface inputs and the headphone outputs are still dead.

Wondering if I'am dealing with a software problem or my Fireface is malfunctioning.
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Maniac
FireWire is infamous for spurious voltage that can kill interfaces. Seen it happen twice. The box still lights up, but no one is home. Check it on another computer. Hope I’m not correct.
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

Pushed all the faders in Total Mix up and the headphone channel of the Fireface is now working. But Logic X still detects no input from the Fireface.

Am I doing something wrong in Total Mix that causes Logic X not to detect the input channels of the Fireface?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search