The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waves 10 Performance improvements?
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Waves 10 Performance improvements?

I was thinking about renewing my WUP as it’s been ages. Most of my Waves stuff is still V9 but I do have many newer V10 plugins. I was wondering if there are performance improvements if one updates everything to V10 waveshell? So far things are “coexisting” OK but there are crashes here or there that seem to be Waves related. Thanks for any input.
Old 24th May 2019
I dont know if there's been any life changing improvements really going from 9 to 10 but everything is still working just great, might as well upgrade just to stay current.
All of my stuff is V10 and it works just as well as it always has.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
I dont know if there's been any life changing improvements really going from 9 to 10 but everything is still working just great, might as well upgrade just to stay current.
All of my stuff is V10 and it works just as well as it always has.
I updated. I should be solid for at least 5 years.
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

It's a little more stable and as far as I understand there have been "some" performance refinements that would leverage the later Mac technology. Metal for rendering UIs, for example, taking the strain off the CPU. functions that utilise the latest in math co-processing, stuff like that.

But I probably wouldn't update for it alone. Maybe. It's definitely more worth it if you have a bundle that has had new plugins added since. Upgrading will entitle you to them. Mind you, there is that voucher you always get back after upgrading. You could always use that to reinvest.
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
It's a little more stable and as far as I understand there have been "some" performance refinements that would leverage the later Mac technology. Metal for rendering UIs, for example, taking the strain off the CPU. functions that utilise the latest in math co-processing, stuff like that.

But I probably wouldn't update for it alone. Maybe. It's definitely more worth it if you have a bundle that has had new plugins added since. Upgrading will entitle you to them. Mind you, there is that voucher you always get back after upgrading. You could always use that to reinvest.
Agreed. I added up $293 worth of new plugins and paid $160 for WUP (audio deluxe.com).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search