The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic Pro X 10.4.4 RAM Problem
Old 21st May 2019
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X 10.4.4 RAM Problem

I’m trying to use LPX on MacOS 10.14.5, and I’m watching it grab every bit of available RAM for every single edit I try to make. It’s making it glacially slow and unusable. Is this a reinstall issue?
Old 21st May 2019
How much RAM do you have? How are you determining how much RAM Logic is using? Via "Activity Monitor"? Check Activity Monitor memory while running Logic and post a screen shot if you can.
Old 21st May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAndySelby View Post
I’m trying to use LPX on MacOS 10.14.5, and I’m watching it grab every bit of available RAM for every single edit I try to make. It’s making it glacially slow and unusable. Is this a reinstall issue?
I’m using Memory Cleaner 2 and watching RAM availability go down to 8% on every edit I attempt to make. 16gb of RAM, 2014 MB Pro.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Maniac
I have zero familiarity with Memory Cleaner 2, but from past experience, such “utilities” generally cause problems and accomplish little.
Old 21st May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonljacobi View Post
I have zero familiarity with Memory Cleaner 2, but from past experience, such “utilities” generally cause problems and accomplish little.
It’s just a RAM monitoring app and GUI for the “sudo purge” terminal command. Causes zero problems with any other DAW. Same behavior happens with or without it. I watch the RAM go all the way down to 8% every time I make an edit in LPX.
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

Okay, so this has to do with having imported a Garageband project. Never doing that again
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAndySelby View Post
Okay, so this has to do with having imported a Garageband project. Never doing that again
Eh? So you re-saved and it went away?
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

Often doing a Project Management > Clean Up operation can help. Be careful as it seems to delete your History as well. In fact just clearing your History can also be beneficial.

I've also noticed that some plugins may have memory leaks the more you open and close them. A simple restart of Logic can help with this.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search