The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dual mono setting for plugin
Old 20th May 2019
Here for the gear
Dual mono setting for plugin

Hi guys. One more noob question.

Some plugins have 2 versions. Stereo and Dual Mono. And when i choose Dual Mono, I usually see "Left", "Right" and "Couple" settings.

As far as I understood, Dual mono is for independently applying an effect on a channel. But what "Couple" setting do? Does it links channel together to apply an effect simultaneously on both channels? What is the difference from "Stereo" mode then?
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgorKambodja View Post
Hi guys. One more noob question.

Some plugins have 2 versions. Stereo and Dual Mono. And when i choose Dual Mono, I usually see "Left", "Right" and "Couple" settings.

As far as I understood, Dual mono is for independently applying an effect on a channel. But what "Couple" setting do? Does it links channel together to apply an effect simultaneously on both channels? What is the difference from "Stereo" mode then?
Most split plugins can link/unlink so you can set each side differently then relink them so any global changes made now will retain the same ratio or difference. Say you add 3 db at 10 k on one side only when unlinked then relink and add another 2db at the same 10 k, one side will now be at + 2 and the other at +5 thus maintaining the side to side difference you have set while still boosting both sides.
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

Dual Mono isn't actually a "version" of a plugin, though it looks like one. it's actually a Logic feature that allows you to use two instances of the plugin side by side, "coupled" or "uncoupled". That just basically links the parameters so you can adjust both sides at the same time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search