The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How turn off Logic Pro X automatic tempo manipulation?
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Head

How turn off Logic Pro X automatic tempo manipulation?

Need a little emergency advice, doing a session.

When the Logic guy imports our recorded tracks (recorded in different DAW) into his Logic session, Logic seems to automatically try to fit the imported tracks to Logic's default tempo 120 (while the recording is made in tempo 85).

And if he then lowers the tempo, in the Logic session, to 85, Logic seems to timestretch the imported tracks from their original imported state to fit a 35 bpm slower tempo. (So his files now corresponds to tempo 50 bpm instead ).

How do we turn this feature off (and on) in Logic?
What is this feature called and where do we find the settings for it?

(This is NOT the most recent Logic Pro X v10.4)

Sry for a crude Q but .. slight emergency
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Addict
which version of Logic is it? In 10.4 you want "Keep Tempo". In prior versions, I can't tell you...
Old 11th April 2019
In 10.4 its in File->Project Settings->Smart Tempo (the 'other' prefs that only open when you have a song open). You want the first option set to 'Keep Tempo' like facej said. Shouldn't be too different in an earlier version. I thought it was off by default? Mine never adjusts the tempo, and don't remember having to hit that option other than when I first moved from Logic 9 to X. But then again, knowing me, my preferences and settings are ancient since I usually copy them over to any new install.
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Addict
The other handy hint is to make sure Audio Defaults do not have "Flex & Follow" turned on. This may read "Tempo" in earlier versions.

click in the arrange window below any tracks/regions. The Region inspector should read "Audio Defaults". Adjust as needed.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
The other handy hint is to make sure Audio Defaults do not have "Flex & Follow" turned on. This may read "Tempo" in earlier versions.

click in the arrange window below any tracks/regions. The Region inspector should read "Audio Defaults". Adjust as needed.
Hi facej,

i am learning new things about LPX everyday .. i have not been able to get the "Audio Defaults" to come up by Clicking, Right Clicking, or Control Clicking below the tracks / regions ..

can you help us find this ??

all my Smart Tempo items appear to be OFF by default .. which is good !! thats how i want it .. but i do not remember turning them off .. maybe i did but sdo not remember ..

thank you john
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict
Hmmm. I just opened a new project with one audio track. I click in the right panel where the regions go, below the audio track. The Region inspector changes to "Audio Defaults".
Attached Thumbnails
How turn off Logic Pro X automatic tempo manipulation?-screen-shot-2019-04-12-10.58.40.jpg  
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
Hmmm. I just opened a new project with one audio track. I click in the right panel where the regions go, below the audio track. The Region inspector changes to "Audio Defaults".
OH OH Oh ... now i get it .. haha .. thx for the Picture !!! i was thinking a Contextual Menu was going to come up ..

cheers john

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search