The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why would changing color of region cause change for all regions on that track?
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Why would changing color of region cause change for all regions on that track?

Never encountered this before:

I copied a bunch of regions across a track, and want to color code them by song section, so I need different colors on the same track. I do this all the time without issue, but suddenly, a change to any region forces a change to all regions in the track.

I assumed at first that I might have accidentally created aliases instead of copies, so I used to convert alieses function, but it's still happening.

Is there some per track function that forces the behavior? It's only happening on that track.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Wow. Can't help but notice that Logic threads saw lots of participation in Music Computers, and move at a glacial pace (if at all) since being split to separate sub forum.

That's unfortunate. Music Computers always seemed to have the right mix of users.

I've already moved to KVR for some specific dev subforums since I can get my questions answered directly.

Is there a specific forum for Logic these days that is more active?
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Addict
How did you change the region color? I just selected a region over a number of tracks, brought up the color window that showed all the various colors in use and clicked on a different one. The commands that start with "Color..." are not going to do what you want.
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
How did you change the region color? I just selected a region over a number of tracks, brought up the color window that showed all the various colors in use and clicked on a different one. The commands that start with "Color..." are not going to do what you want.
Should have specified: No, I always do what you did. Rectangular select a group of regions, right click to show color picker, and select a color. I've done it just that way routinely for decades. Suddenly the other day, for these two tracks in particular that I had recently copied all the regions in one section to populate the rest of the track... started behaving as a single color block.

If the were accidentally aliases, they aren't any more... yet they still all change color if I change the color of one. Never seen this behavior before. Other tracks in same project behave normally. Something is going on under the hood that I'm missing.
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Addict
hmm - beats me. It works OK for me.
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
hmm - beats me. It works OK for me.
For me too... for 15 years now... until the other day.
Old 10th April 2019
Here for the gear

You probably made an alias of that region, pressing ALT+SHIFT during copy.
Old 10th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Trecarichi View Post
You probably made an alias of that region, pressing ALT+SHIFT during copy.
That's what I assumed, but I selected all of them and did the alias to copy function, and still behaves this way. Maybe the function isn't working.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search