The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting Hands On Sequencers (HW)
Old 4th April 2019
Here for the gear

Getting Hands On

I took advantage of Logic Pro X and it's Environment window. This is going to sound extremely confusing and out of place because...it took me months to learn how to do all of this on my own lol...I wanna get around and do a more in-depth view of my minimal setup.

My controllers and uses:

Novation LaunchKey 25

Complex synth playing, with ability to use the 8 knobs for macro controlling.
I usually run for alchemy for my tastes.

Knob assignments from Left to Right---->

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
X___Y___Compressor: Threshold___EQ:Low cut___EQ:Hi cut

Leaving a total of Three(3) knobs that can be used to control Effect send knobs/per channel strip. If it comes to that.

I use the pads as percussion instruments, which are loaded with arpeggiator plugins to create fun grooves. Using Latch mode, or drawing them, then dragging them to Logics work space for editing.

Akai MPK Mini

consisting of 4 channels of Keys and 1 channel for the pads.
Works like the LK25 pads, but with synths inserted/per channel.

I use Arpeggiators (with/without latch) and then I can create cool grooving patterns quicker. Drag the pattern from the arp plugin to Logic Pro x for further editing.

Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro

These two controllers act as my main knob staging. I have more to assign, each with 16 different channels. I can't even come to think of using every last bit of knob lol or pads.

For the beatstep pro, I use the knobs for various synth controls. I pick a channel, and assign. Then I label with basic symbol/letter/number.

I also use the step buttons while in "CONTROL" mode for turn on the 'Latch mode's for the arp that the Akai and LK25 have loaded on their channel strips.

Lastly, The arturia beatstep/beatstep Pro have build in sequencer action. Pretty much the same thing as an arpeggiator plugin.

Also, Having a dedicated "Drum" Sequencer helps a ton.

Now, for jamming purposes, I disconnect each monitor going into Logic Pro X so that way nothing is recorded/triggered. Meaning, I can be on whatever channel, play whatever controller and it'll be linked to the channel strip it is connected to.

If I wanted to record using the controllers...it takes 2 minutes to digitally connect it to Logic's "Input Sequencer" which basically is a "Signal Receiver" coming from the outside world.

Feel free to check me out on Spotify, Youtube, iTunes, my Website, etc...Here are some links! I hope to hear from some new fans <3

https://gummi3earmusic.wixsite.com/gummi3ear

GummI3ear on Spotify

YouTube

YouTube

GummI3ear - Home | Facebook

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/gummi3ear/1408747976
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search