The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Open Logic Pro X without Libraries opening?
Old 2nd April 2019
Here for the gear

Open Logic Pro X without Libraries opening?

Hello there Gearslutz!

Okay, I just designed a new orchestral template. I'm using a bunch of different libraries here - Spitfire, EastWest, Vienna, Cinesamples, etc.

BUT, I want to be able to open this project without loading the samples. I understand holding control down and not launching 'core audio' will bypass all plug-ins. HOWEVER, is there a way to save the session so that the instrument plug-ins don't open? I was able to do this in Digital Performer and was just curious if I can turn off the plugins so they don't open.

Any suggestions?
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

You'd need to save a version of your template with the instruments not loaded. Either unload the plugins entirely and just leave the empty instrument track in place, or load one 'place-holder' plugin (like an empty Kontakt instance, or one channel of a low memory Kontakt preset).

I have a 'full' template and a 'quick' template with no libraries loaded so I can get up and running faster on projects that may not require the full complement of instruments.
Old 3rd April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz View Post
You'd need to save a version of your template with the instruments not loaded. Either unload the plugins entirely and just leave the empty instrument track in place, or load one 'place-holder' plugin (like an empty Kontakt instance, or one channel of a low memory Kontakt preset).

I have a 'full' template and a 'quick' template with no libraries loaded so I can get up and running faster on projects that may not require the full complement of instruments.
Okay I see,

Thats works, I've saved presets of all of instruments as well, so essentially I could just pull those up as I go to load what I would need.

Thanks for the advice!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search