The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please Help! Studio Monitors
Old 26th March 2019
Here for the gear

Please Help!

Hi there everyone, I am fairly new to logic pro and have the latest version, ran through the scarlet 6, with macbook pro 2015, 16gb ram and good size hard drive. i7 quad core. My issue is that it seems whenever I am running my audio loud through my yamaha hs 8s my audio kicks off. This haplens in logic and while just listening to you tube. I can turn the scarlet off then back on and it works for a while again then does the same thing. I can see the sound still going through the interface on the levels but no sound. I have tried two separate scarlets and same thing??? Anyone ever had this happen???
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Unplug the macbook from the charger. Does it still do it?

If it went away, you need to lift pin 1 (or sleeve) on your hs8 on the monitor side (hopefully, you are running trs or xlr balanced cabling to your monitors).

edit: reason why is that those particular monitors will mute when the get a ground loop at their connection. But I notice mine do that when I crank them and there is a ground loop present.
Old 26th March 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks! I have not tried to use it unplugged, Yes I am using XLRs for the monitors. Do you know which setting I should have the HS8s on? That kind of sucks if I cannot keep my laptop plugged in.

Thanks!!
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I run mine 1/2 way up on the volume control, mid eq: 0 room control:0 high trim: -2db, lowcut: 80 hz.

I have pin1 lifted on my monitor xlr cables so when I use a usb interface, it doesn't ground loop. You probably need to make some cables like I have.

Also, I noticed its picky on power, so plug both monitors, and the computer on the same power strip. I also changed my power cables to better ones, but that's because I wanted beefier longer power cables.
Old 26th March 2019
Here for the gear

Awesome Thanks!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search