The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to do spectrum analysis on track not recorded yet Digital Converters
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Maniac

How to do spectrum analysis on track not recorded yet

Hi all,

My mix comes out of the console through a stereo compressor and EQ into the HEDD 192 and on to a stereo digital input on my interface. Can someone advise on a method to view a spectral analyzer on my armed stereo print track so I can make some last minute EQ adjustments prior to recording a print? I can use the channel EQ on the track once printed for analysis but its a waste of time. The channel EQ doesn't seem to work prior to printing.

Thanks
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by janalex View Post
Hi all,

My mix comes out of the console through a stereo compressor and EQ into the HEDD 192 and on to a stereo digital input on my interface. Can someone advise on a method to view a spectral analyzer on my armed stereo print track so I can make some last minute EQ adjustments prior to recording a print? I can use the channel EQ on the track once printed for analysis but its a waste of time. The channel EQ doesn't seem to work prior to printing.

Thanks
have you tried the Multi-Meter on the Stereo Output ?? if i do, i can see the Analyzer !! is this what you are looking for ??
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Can you please explain the process again? It’s not clear to me. please note than none of the tracks are being routed in Logic to the stereo output. Each track is being sent to an analog console channel. Then the stereo output from the console is being routed back into the box. Do you mean I need to use a plug-in in the channel that I’m printing to in Logic?
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Can you please explain the process again? It’s not clear to me. please note than none of the tracks are being routed in Logic to the stereo output. Each track is being sent to an analog console channel. Then the stereo output from the console is being routed back into the box. Do you mean I need to use a plug-in in the channel that I’m printing to in Logic?
thats the only place i can see for you to put it .. should work in realtime right !!
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Which plugin works in real time on an armed track? Not channel EQ.
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I will try the multimeter instead. I think that was my issue
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Hello, A bit late to the game but if i was you i would create a
input object (you need to do that in the Environment) for your digital input channel and put the multi-meter on that.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Eriksson View Post
Hello, A bit late to the game but if i was you i would create a
input object (you need to do that in the Environment) for your digital input channel and put the multi-meter on that.

Cheers!
Interesting. So far nothing is working so I’d like to try this. It seems everything I read about physical input objects involves MIDI which I’m not using. Can you explain further how this is accomplished.
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Interesting. So far nothing is working so I’d like to try this. It seems everything I read about physical input objects involves MIDI which I’m not using. Can you explain further how this is accomplished.
A little video just for you.

Good luck!
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Wow. Thanks a million. I will try this when back in the studio later!
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Guru

gotta love the Environment .. thanks you Crazy Gearslut !!!
Old 27th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Not sure if you need the environment for this, it's a standard capture your mix scenario just like in Pro Tools, all you want to do is use plug-ins on your capture track and hear the effect of them or even print with them! I posted this a few months ago for someone else..

Same as this in Logic Pro X...

1. Open Mixer- Option(Drop down)-> Create New Auxiliary Channel Strip (Make sure the input is the same one coming from your summing mixer into your A/D)
2 On the Aux Ch Strip Change the output to an available BUS, one is created for you automatically, now the mix is sending from the Aux to that BUS (No output for the bus)
3. Create a stereo Audio Track and assign that Bus to the input.

Add the effects to your inserts on the Aux channel where your mix is coming in and print with the effects on the audio track!

Hope this sorts it out!
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Thanks all! It works!
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Guru

cool !!!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search